PBEM Rumble-tumble

For me it is ok, but the actual players of the game should comment and not me.

More players = more fun = loooonger time between turns.

7players is ok for all of you?

Starting the preparation... In early September should be ready.

BONUS

Humans will receive 3 bonus:

- One Land Unit for free
* It must be a LAND unit
* It can not be a gunpowder unit
* The unit could receive some free promotions. A strong unit will get few or no free promotions and a weak unit will get some free promotions

- One Great Person for free (includes Great General)
* You can choose the type of Great Person without knowing any details of the setup

- One (non Wonder) building for free
* It can be ANY building. If the building is already included in the setup, another similar building will be choosen.
Please choose your bonus.

I'll just say that you have to choose according to the restrictions mentioned above! :p

I prefer email but PM is ok, too. If you add the hot email to my Alias... you get my email!

Is a tank a gunpowder unit?

I would say that these are ALL gunpowder units: Cannon (and above), Cuirasier (and above), Musketman (and above), Tank (and above).

I am not at home so this might not a complete list, but I think that you get the idea.

Is an ICBM a gunpowder unit?

It had to be Knoedel to find a "bug" in the definition... :crazyeye:

Let me think... it might not be a gunpowder unit, but it goes across the skies... therefore it "flies"! It it flies it does not qualify!!! If you do not agree with the definition of "flight"... sue me! :p

EDIT: Hmmm... maybe I should remove the FREE unit bonus...

A free offensive unit will mean that everyone has to get that option just to survive. Anyone selecting a Great Engineer will lose when the other civ's knight shows up.

Alternative: Free scout, explorer, machine gun, air ship or sub

Hm, how about Conquistador? The graphical representation of the unit uses a saber instead of a gun I think.

Guys,

in the Bootcamp game we have a highly promoted explorer unit as a free unit for every player. It works brilliantly to give players some extra starting options (defense, exploring, ..), without killing game mechanics..

BTW In our game it can be used to defend a second starting city which is a continent away.
Luthor, I may have some extra ideas for you if you appreciate it. Just drop me a line (we also have a no mods, but with special extra's game)

It had to be Knoedel to find a "bug" in the definition... :crazyeye:

Let me think... it might not be a gunpowder unit, but it goes across the skies... therefore it "flies"! It it flies it does not qualify!!! If you do not agree with the definition of "flight"... sue me! :p

EDIT: Hmmm... maybe I should remove the FREE unit bonus...

Technically it falls, it's ballistic missile for a reason :D

I've sent my picks. :think:
You did??? I did not receive anything.

I've sent an overall email. You can (re)-send your choice to that email.

How many players do we have? 7? Is that correct?

Calanthian, I am always open to hear different ideas! :D

PLease guys, start selecting your bonus of choice... or I will choose for you... panthers for all might be a good idea!

panthers for all might be a good idea!

:goodjob:

with a Ger to house 'em in since I can't find a better building to house them.

I'm guessing our choices will be kept a secret? I actually would not mind otherwise to have an idea of how others "number crunched" this advantage. As in, did someone go for a bear instead?

Top Bottom