New Cumulative history Quiz VII

Didn't he fight as a gruntipede (i.e. ordinary ground pounder) in his first campaign against the Ottomans?

Did he fight on the wrong side -ie against the Russians - at some point?

Nope.

He was an artillery commander.

Among other things, yes. This is a step in the right direction. Kind of.

Wasn't Napoleon one?

Yes he was, and a good one at that.

Didn't he fight as a gruntipede (i.e. ordinary ground pounder) in his first campaign against the Ottomans?

He led his army from the front and fought in battle during the Ottoman war, but not as a subordinate.

Among other things, yes. This is a step in the right direction. Kind of.

He led his army from the front and fought in battle during the Ottoman war, but not as a subordinate.

Guessing from these comments: Did he acquire command experience in several (maybe all) different branches of the military? Artillery, Infantry, Cavalry and the Navy?

Just a wild guess, but I remember that he liked to play soldier when he was very young.
Was he self-taught?

Did he serve under an assumed name, like 'Lt Johnson' during the Great War (who was, of course, Albert Windsor, later George VI), in all the different branches?

Just a wild guess, but I remember that he liked to play soldier when he was very young.
Was he self-taught?

Did he serve under an assumed name, like 'Lt Johnson' during the Great War (who was, of course, Albert Windsor, later George VI), in all the different branches?

No and no. What he did, he did very prominently as himself, but not just because of who he was, but also because he just liked to do it, it was a part of his character to do this.

Does it have anything to do with him working as a shipwright/carpenter in Netherlands? I doubt any other commander-in-chief has done that. :D

Does it have anything to do with him working as a shipwright/carpenter in Netherlands? I doubt any other commander-in-chief has done that. :D

Well he did do that. He even built and entire ship by himself in Moscow! But that's not what I'm looking for here. In fact, it strays further from the road than we were before.

does it involve "toys"?

No, that was Peter III.

Let's go back to this guess, shall we?

Guessing from these comments: Did he acquire command experience in several (maybe all) different branches of the military? Artillery, Infantry, Cavalry and the Navy?

Its got the right idea, but wrong implementation.

No, that was Peter III.

Let's go back to this guess, shall we?

Its got the right idea, but wrong implementation.
darn, I thought it was Peter I who had a battalion for training that has historically been misinterpreted as a toy army :(

I really need to review my Russian history

darn, I thought it was Peter I who had a battalion for training that has historically been misinterpreted as a toy army :(

I really need to review my Russian history

Perhaps he did. I thought you were referring to the literal toys which Peter III played with, and which were used as evidence proving that he was bat[poop] insane.

Top Bottom