What civ to use to kick butt

Kin

Chieftain
I have been playing random maps, civs, etc. I was doing okay and having fun learning some civs I haven't played much. Then decided to just play a game and just kick butt. So I chose England on an islands map. Build navy get frigates and just own everybody.

So when you get the urge, what do you do?:D

Huns and Mongols on land and Ottomans on sea based maps.

As Ottomans, recruit just 1 trireme and you can build a huge navy with that single unit. Because, all Ottoman ships have "Prize Ships" promotion (Defeated enemy naval units may join your side.) And you pay 66% less for naval unit maintenance.

Choose random adopt honor and try to rank up all my units as high as I can.

Arabia. Camel Archers (AKA OP!). Economic bonuses.
Or the Huns for a faster finish.

Go for a wide Shaka and do nothing but spam Impis until the entire map is painted red with blood! *aaahhh-ahhh-ooooh, SHAKA!*

If you are interested a a fun military game, I would recommend China. Extra gold from you Library UB and a UU that shoots twice per turn makes for some fun early warfare!

Huns are the best to kick butt early on, battering ram probably the best unit in the game for taking cities.

Huns are the best to kick butt early on, battering ram probably the best unit in the game for taking cities.

I agree. I got Huns once in random and I took a capitaland had ranked up horse archers to range and logistics promotions. It was too bad that horse archers upgraded to knights though.

Kicking butt in a metaphorical sense? Poland or Morocco.

Early fun warfare? Aztec or Assyria.

Late-game dominant warfare? Babylon.

Zulus with Ikanda, liberty, Pyramids and lots of pillaging/repair just own the map!

Arabia as someone mentioned. Get a nice desert start with some luxuries and an oasis, mixed with desert folklore pantheon and you'll be swimming in faith and gold. Not to mention, Camel Archers are very strong for mid-game domination.

This month, I'm test-driving mod civs, and current game is Morgan's Buccaneers; going for a culture/science/domination win(Time & Diplomatic VCs DISABLED) . I flatly do not do well in diplomacy; "WE view Our Destiny as bringing Our Civilization to the world a Joyous Duty, solving the world's problems by incorporating Them into Us ."

Top Bottom