I wish I could play civ 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian52799

Chieftain
I made a mistake when I bought civ5.I just assumed since my computer handled civ 4 and played good, I just figured it would be good.I can't get civ 5 to work on my pc I still have windows xp, 1 gig of ram with 2 ghz cpu.I now realize my pc don't meet the operating requirements, but when I bought it I wasn't thinking, I can't afford a new pc I just wish it would install and maybe I could dumb down the graphics, is there anything I could do.

I dont think 1gb ram is going to run an OS and civ v to be honest.

I would strongly advise against using xp if your going online anyway.

If you can give us the message though, we can try and at least get it to load.

Civ5 is largely cpu dependent so a new Pc is in order I'm afraid. I myself need some extra ca$h(first time in my life) and I hear you when extra work is hard to come by. Even for cleaning jobs they are "interviewing next week", when you used to get a start the next day regardless of your experience.

You need at least a dual core with 2gb of ram and a 256mb vid card(min requirements). Quad core and 4gb of ram and 512mb vid card recommended.

I made a mistake when I bought civ5.I just assumed since my computer handled civ 4 and played good, I just figured it would be good.

You expected a new game that came out about 5 years later to work just the same as your old game did on your old rig?
Well I guess you`ve learned something important about games and pcs now. Always check the specs of PC games. The newer they are, the more likely it won`t work so well on the same 5 year old rig you played a 5 year old version on.

This question has been fully answered above.

Moderator Action: Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom