Question on Missile cruisers

Ingenieria

Chieftain
I've been playing my current game for a couple months now. I have finally reached the modern era and I was excited to build a fleet of missile cruisers and load them up with guided missiles.

But I find that guided missiles cannot be re-based nor loaded from cities onto missile cruisers :(.

Is there an XML fix for this that I can make? I looked around in the PromotionInfos and UnitClassInfos (only for about ten minutes) but it looked to my untrained eye like everything was in order. Then I decided to ask for help.

I won't rule out the possibility of a bug there since there's been numerous adjustments to that section and very little testing or feedback on the subject.

You aren't supposed to be able to load them unless the unit is in the city with them. But you say you can't do THAT either so that could be an issue.

Please upload a savegame that shows this behavior and I'll get to trying to sort it out as quickly as possible.

That is not true in other mods, in them you can rebase a missile to a ship at sea. However I think in RoM and C2C this was seen as not realistic since missiles only fly to blow up at the end of their flight. They don't land peacefully;).

I tried adding a missile cruiser in world builder and my guided missiles loaded into it from a city without any problem. But if I build one in the game or upgrade an existing ship to a missile cruiser the missiles don't like it. Does this give you any clues?

I had to change the file extension of the save file to .rar to get the forum to accept it. The file extension should be .CivBeyondSwordSave, of course.

Attachments

• Mitchell AD-14474.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 26
I tried adding a missile cruiser in world builder and my guided missiles loaded into it from a city without any problem. But if I build one in the game or upgrade an existing ship to a missile cruiser the missiles don't like it. Does this give you any clues?

I had to change the file extension of the save file to .rar to get the forum to accept it. The file extension should be .CivBeyondSwordSave, of course.

It will help to sort it out anyhow. That's... odd. But I'm sure I can work it out.

We don't have the Blitz game speed anymore so this save is no longer compatible. Sorry... but I do understand this is still most likely an outstanding bug problem so I'll be setting up a test on this to see what's going wrong here.

Ok, taking two days to try to get to the point where a test is properly setup to duplicate the situation exactly as described, I find no bug with loading missiles. You can't load them from a command on the missile cruiser apparently but you can from the missiles themselves.

I'd now need a valid save that displays the issue. The units were built from a developed city, not placed by worldbuilder. Both Size Matters and Non-Size Matters games were tested. I'm at a loss to consider what else may have played a factor here.

Top Bottom