Missing Civilizations

MahDryBread

Warlord
Hey everyone. I just downloaded the most recent version of Caveman 2 Cosmos after not playing the mod for about a year, and I found that a lot of civilizations that were previous in the game seem to not be in it anymore.

I can tell quite a few are missing, but the ones I can think of off the top of my head would be Canada, Pirates, and Israel.

Have I messed something up in installing the mod, or have these been taken out? If they're taken out, why? Is there a way for me to put them back in?

Hey everyone. I just downloaded the most recent version of Caveman 2 Cosmos after not playing the mod for about a year, and I found that a lot of civilizations that were previous in the game seem to not be in it anymore.

I can tell quite a few are missing, but the ones I can think of off the top of my head would be Canada, Pirates, and Israel.

Have I messed something up in installing the mod, or have these been taken out? If they're taken out, why? Is there a way for me to put them back in?

They were taken out for a number of reasons, mostly to do with memory iirc they take up some space even if they aren't in play in a game.

You can get some if not all back. Look in the C2C mod mods forum (here)

Ahh. Well that's a shame that they had to be taken out. I used the mod to put them back in. It was a bit strange, I got a bunch of error messages, but it let me play it anyway and didn't seem to have any negative impact on gameplay. Then again my computer is quite strong and I only tested the first 10ish turns. I'm sure by mid game turns would take an eternity if it was decided to take out that many civilizations.

Do you know how it was decided what new civs would stay in Caveman 2 Cosmos? I'm sure there were some wars over that decision. I see Australia and Denmark were both left in. For the record, I very much agree with both of those staying.

Do you need any help with instaling megapack modmod? He should be full compatible with newest versions of SVN and should work. If you have any problems please post here and ill try to help you.

Top Bottom