C2C - Wonder Civs

Other ones that need Embassies
- Adam Smith's Trading Company (Scotland)
That would be Celtic, wouldn't it? There's no reason you couldn't have one embassy for these different times, since the units wouldn't be unlocked until later anyway.
Copernicus Observatory (Prussia)
Germany, surely?
Cristo Redentor (Brazil)
I've long been in favor of having a few (probably just Argentina, Brazil and Mexico, for best cultural representation) entirely new South American nations to avoid weird situations like Pinochet leading the Inca, and to have some of the amazing modern architecture that has graced these places present as new citystyles. Also, Brazil would get to have a cool unique stadium-replacement :p
Leaning Tower of Pisa (Italy)
Rome, as above. One thing I'd like to see, actually, is some kind of mechanic where you can see splits into "sub-civilizations" depending on your controlling civ, rather than entirely new, often unrelated (like China into Arabs or Celts into Zulu) civs. Examples would be Rome dividing into the Venetian and Florentine Republics and Monaco, the Celts into the Highland Scots, Lowland Scots and Irish, the Mongolians into the Kazakhs, Uyghurs, Tibetans etc, or even the Americans into the Texas and California Republics and the Confederacy. Would create interesting situations, as a sort of less severe version of Revolution. You wouldn't control these other independent cities or city-states, but they'd be likely to unite with culturally similar civilizations against foreign invasion.
Leonardo's Workshop (Italy)
I think all the Workshop wonders should be restricted entirely to being built by :gp:. But that's a matter for my own little thread.
Marco Polo's Embassy (Italy)
Ditto.
Masada (Israel)
I actually kind of miss the Israel civ... but that might just be my amusement at seeing Judaism spread in Korea after China hogs all the religions with its huge ass population (although...)
Palace of Portala (Tibet)
Tibets probably a good example of a "civilization" that should be embassy only. A building would be a nice bonus, as would the fact it would come if you shared a common faith with the Tibetan people. They should have huge Mountaineering bonuses and Iron Age guerilla-skills, of course.
Piazza San Marco (Italy)
See the Leaning Tower.
Shrine of Bab (Israel)
See the Masada.
Snow Castle of Kemi (Finland)
I can see good arguments for putting this as Viking, despite the significant cultural differences between Finland and other Scandinavian countries. I can also see good arguments for creating new Scandinavian countries to reflect historical powers like Denmark and Sweden. Decisions, decisions...
Soloman's Temple (Israel)
I noticed there were two of these... kind of pointless, though, since it can only be built instantly by a Great Prophet. Same applies to the Shrine of Bab.

Unknown
El Dorado
Isn't that meant to be in Aztec territory? Too bad we don't have an anthropologist with us...
King Richard's Crusade
It'd be English, of course! Though, I'd actually rather this one was sped up with the Apostolic Palace, rather than any specific nations building. It's really the whole Crusades as a whole represented here rather than that of Richard. There also needs to be an Islamic equivalent, though that would obviously cross across eras.
Arab? I can see a case for giving both the Arab and Israeli embassies a boost with this one as a compromise.
St Mark's Basilica
Rome.
Great Bath, Mohenjo-daro[/SPOILER]
It's from the Indus Valley civilization, though with a decidedly African name. Still Indian, though.

Well some of the Embassies go obsolete too such as the Neanderthal Embassy at Sedentary Lifestyle.
Well, the embassy disappears from the city list at the moment i know sedentary lifestyle, but i still can build Neanderthal warriors.
My guess would be that this is not intended, therefor my hint on making ex-unique units go obsolete.

I was thinking about the religions and how I wished culture worked like religions. The I thought what if the embassy were linked to the religions.

For instance lets say you have Shamanism then Aboriginal cultures like the Native Americans or Zulu would become available. As you discovered other religions like Hellenism it would unlock Roman or Greek civs.

I know we want to have some variety by having Aztec Hindus or Norse Mythology Chinese but really this might be a better way to help spread culture by linking the embassy buildings to religions.

Please give some feedback. Note that I am not set on this idea. I just wanted to get it out there for others to think about.

The other way round makes more sense, IMHO. Having it so that religion grants culture would result in odd things like the US being able to build Zealots and Maccabees, or the French Victory Gardens.

First of all Neanderthal Warriors still remain on the unit list after the Neanderthal Embassy is obsolete and removed from the building list.

On the other hand having only one city which can use / build the UU / UB is narrowing the game.
Maybe the embassies can provide the nationality analogue to the good system.
This would mean the embassy provides a nationality which is the prerq for the corresponding UU /UB. At the time the embassy goes obsolete the nationality also does. As benefit you also remove the UU / UB from the building slots as the prereq nationality is gone.

Maybe worth a thought.

Aside from the mentioned Apache / Cherokee Embassies having the same prereqs this applies also to the Egyptian / Babylonian (Stone / Wheat) and Zulu / Indian (Cow/Ivory).

First of all Neanderthal Warriors still remain on the unit list after the Neanderthal Embassy is obsolete and removed from the building list.

On the other hand having only one city which can use / build the UU / UB is narrowing the game.
This would mean the embassy provides a nationality which is the prerq for the corresponding UU /UB. At the time the embassy goes obsolete the nationality also does. As benefit you also remove the UU / UB from the building slots as the prereq nationality is gone.

Maybe worth a thought.

Aside from the mentioned Apache / Cherokee Embassies having the same prereqs this applies also to the Egyptian / Babylonian (Stone / Wheat) and Zulu / Indian (Cow/Ivory).

If Neanderthal embassy allowed you to build Neaderthals in all your cities it would be overpowered, since they are significantly the best (general purpose) military unit for some time ater the embassy becomes available.

So Sioux and Cherokee embassies only give a small boost to hammers, culture, and science for now and are a work in progress?

JosEPh

Maybe worth a thought.

1. I will be having SO change the units to obsolete at specific techs. This should solve the Neanderthal Warriors issue.

2. I have some tricks up my sleeves that should allow for the UU to be more available. Just give me some time to work it all out and the code it up (probably by v15).

3. I am probably going to abandoned the Resource in City Vicinity stuff for a better system. I just have to work it out.

So Sioux and Cherokee embassies only give a small boost to hammers, culture, and science for now and are a work in progress?

JosEPh

They were suppose to have units, but they did not get in v14. Same with the Mexican, Omlec, Polynesian, Mexican, Aborigine and Australian Embassies.

Ok in my reworking of the cultural buildings I think i have an idea what will work well.

Local Culture
Local culture will be buildings you can make in your city based on Terrain, Religion and Ethnicity. Depending upon where you city is located would determine the terrain, religion would be based on the religion in your city and ethnicity would be determined by what civ you picked at the start of the game (or obtained via military conquest).

National Culture
Similar to the religion buildings it will take 3 local culture buildings to allow you to create a national culture building. The national culture building will give the ability to make that culture in all cities regardless of their local culture. Thus the more cities you have the more culture you can have.

I think it will work like this for the techs ...

- Start = Can built Ethnic Culture Building (Ex. Culture (Asian), Culture (African), etc)
- Cultural Identity = Local Culture (Ex. Culture (Chinese), Culture (Zulu), etc)
- Tribalism = National Culture

This also means that Ethnicity will play a large part in the cultures you can get. Thus if you play as Japan then the Asian cultures will possibly be an option (if the other factors lineup). And then if say Japan takes over Germany then European cultures will be available for that local city. And if you get enough foreign cities you could even get a National Culture that's not even your own civs ethnicity.

If Neanderthal embassy allowed you to build Neaderthals in all your cities it would be overpowered, since they are significantly the best (general purpose) military unit for some time ater the embassy becomes available.
With the new embassies the Neanderthals aren't the top warriors anymore. Get the Sioux Embassy and you can have Strength 5 Dog Soldiers before you get the Neanderthal Embassy online.
This fact points to your overpowered statement, strength 5 dog soldiers with a 100% Bonus against melee units sweep the prehistoric world anytime. I already suggested to make dog soldiers available with hunting, as the stone axeman can be build.

edit:

Yesterday i was able to build the egyptian embassy. This embassy allows to build war chariots, but to build them you also need horses in city vicinity (or tengriism as state religion to build the tengri horse trainer). An alternative would be the national horse trainer but i already had build it.
So i have my nice embassy and an unique unit which can be built but i lack a needed ressource.
Maybe the prereqs for embassies which allow to build mounted units should include the needed animal (Horse, Camel or Elephant) in the prereqs, otherwise you have to meet three prereq ressources in your city vicinity.

But with your upcoming culture project i think this might be no issue anymore.

PS: National Marble reserve does not provide the good marble as intended.

OK i started with the Native American civ, and was looking forward to the Dog Soldier. But to my amazement the Zulu got it? And there not even in the America's Culture?

What is the earliest Culture unit for American available, i believe thats where the culture under it should be or after, what say you:confused:

@strategyonly

I was looking at the code and I cannot find the problem> all the BUILDING_SIOUX_EMBASSY tags line up in the Unit and Building files. Zulu has African and Sioux has American. Everything seems to be right. The only explanation is if the Zulu took over an American type civ. Did that happen? If so he could then build American type embassies in that city.

As for the earliest culture unit for the Americas I would say maybe the Dog Soldier at Axe Making however there are Embassys like the Cherkoee you can get earlier (at Tracking) but their unique unit comes later. Probbly the earliest unit of the them all is the Nulla Nulla at Scavenging for the Aborigines. However their embassy is a bit later at Petroglyphs. Then again the Neanderthal Embassy is even earlier.

Noe that the embassy buildings are now called "Culture (Name of Civ)" to not be confused with actual embassies you can get via diplomacy.

@strategyonly

I was looking at the code and I cannot find the problem> all the BUILDING_SIOUX_EMBASSY tags line up in the Unit and Building files. Zulu has African and Sioux has American. Everything seems to be right. The only explanation is if the Zulu took over an American type civ. Did that happen? If so he could then build American type embassies in that city.

As for the earliest culture unit for the Americas I would say maybe the Dog Soldier at Axe Making however there are Embassy's like the Cherokee you can get earlier (at Tracking) but their unique unit comes later. Probably the earliest unit of the them all is the Nulla Nulla at Scavenging for the Aborigines. However their embassy is a bit later at Petroglyphs. Then again the Neanderthal Embassy is even earlier.

Note that the embassy buildings are now called "Culture (Name of Civ)" to not be confused with actual embassies you can get via diplomacy.

Nope it was a civ all by itself, i had on Barbarian World and only 6 civs and Start as Minors, cause i wanted to test out this new dll. When i looked the first time there was no Zulu Civ , but alot of turns later there was? But as far as the Culture (American) goes i believe it should be set and all the rest also, to the closest to the first "Culture" unit to be built, but for the Culture (American) it Nomadic?? Shouldn't that really be African Or Middle East in the first "Cultures" to be built according to genealogy? (Also didn't know that the Barb World was like the Barb Civ, whereas civs changed to regular civs, i thought they were always barb civ?

EDIT: Infact this civ just popped-up from a barb civ and has the Dog Solider also?? see attached

EDIT EDIT: Also now ALL the new Civs are getting all the OLD UU's including the Homo Nean..

EDIT EDIT EDIT: I wonder if "we" are going to have to put UnitClass NONE for the units we dont want the pop-up civs from Barbs to have, but again that would limit them from later old UU's that they could be using,:confused::crazyeye:

In my game I was able to build Native Culture (asian) in my capital, which duly gave me Culture (asian) in all my cities. However, that doesn't obviously seem to be enabling anything else..?

In my game I was able to build Native Culture (Asian) in my capital, which duly gave me Culture (Asian) in all my cities. However, that doesn't obviously seem to be enabling anything else..?

Yeah, i never get any units either.:(

In my game I was able to build Native Culture (asian) in my capital, which duly gave me Culture (asian) in all my cities. However, that doesn't obviously seem to be enabling anything else..?

Native Culture (Asian) is a Unique building that gives only +1 culture and a free Culture (Asian) to every city. As type buildings like Culture (Japanese) or Culture (Chinese) require Culture (Asian) in order to build them. They also have other requirements. See the details here.

For example; Asian (Culture) + Silk Resource in City Vicinity = Culture (Chinese)

Which in turn unlocks the Cho-Ku-Nu unit.

Note that these Civ cultures buildings are general buildings now and not wonders so more than one civ can build Cho-Ku-Nu if they have Asian (Culture) + Silk Resource in City Vicinity.

Native Culture (Asian) is a Unique building that gives only +1 culture and a free Culture (Asian) to every city. As type buildings like Culture (Japanese) or Culture (Chinese) require Culture (Asian) in order to build them. They also have other requirements. See the details here.

For example; Asian (Culture) + Silk Resource in City Vicinity = Culture (Chinese)

Which in turn unlocks the Cho-Ku-Nu unit.

Note that these Civ cultures buildings are general buildings now and not wonders so more than one civ can build Cho-Ku-Nu if they have Asian (Culture) + Silk Resource in City Vicinity.

Ah, I now see I can build some specific cultures in a couple of my cities - thanks for the clarification (and it's working fine).

OK i acquired the Culture Assyrian to train the Redu (see attached) but as you can also see (attached) there is no Redu even in the UNbuildable area of the city?

Also change we change the Camel Rider to a higher str, because even the Horseman that has alot more promotion is even higher than the str 4? see attached

OK i acquired the Culture Assyrian to train the Redu (see attached) but as you can also see (attached) there is no Redu even in the UNbuildable area of the city?

Here is your problem ...

Code:
			<Class>[B]UNITCLASS_SPEARMAN[/B]</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_ASSYRIAN_REDU</Type>

The unit class is spearman. It should be its own unit class. So soemthign like ...

Code:
			<Class>UNITCLASS_ASSYRIAN_REDU</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_ASSYRIAN_REDU</Type>

Change that and I bet it shows up. Make sure you made it have a unit class in CIV4UnitClassInfos too. Note that I don't think it has a unit class declared yet.

Also change we change the Camel Rider to a higher str, because even the Horseman that has alot more promotion is even higher than the str 4? see attached

The Camel units are suppose to be slightly weaker than their horse counterparts but get a desert advantage.

Horseman = Camel Rider
Horse Archer = Camel Archer
Knight = Camel Knight
Calvary = Camel Gunner

Top Bottom