C2C SVN Changelog

Updated with ...

- Changed Ballista Elephant to be more like the Horse Archer or Camel Archer. Thus reducing strength to 9 and tech requirements from Engineering to Mounted Archery.

Note I made sure it included SO's Sacajawea changes.

Also what kind of unit were you trying with the Sacajawea unit strategyonly? What makes it different than an explorer or ranger?

Updated with ...

- Changed Ballista Elephant to be more like the Horse Archer or Camel Archer. Thus reducing strength to 9 and tech requirements from Engineering to Mounted Archery.

Note I made sure it included SO's Sacajawea changes.

Also what kind of unit were you trying with the Sacajawea unit strategyonly? What makes it different than an explorer or ranger?

Actually nothing, i was just testing to see if it fit for ALL Native explorer's or not, since i have the Apache as a Custom Civ.

Except, who bothers with explorers? The hunter line is much more useful and getting a master hunter in at least one city is not too hard.

I used massive amount of explorers as cheap defence (only 90 hammers for str 8) for wooded hills against enemy stacks in bottleneck locations near mountain pass, very powerful when you can promote them instantly for better defence in that terrain.

I used massive amount of explorers as cheap defence (only 90 hammers for str 8) for wooded hills against enemy stacks in bottleneck locations near mountain pass, very powerful when you can promote them instantly for better defence in that terrain.

I almost agree, but they are "defend only" so i use them as i intended them to be, defenders only, i keep at least 4 in each city, keeps potential attacker(s) away.:p I really dont like the name explorer, anymore, old school stuff, but you got to use what is available. Maybe Exploring Guard, or Explorig Defender.

But if this is going to continue, pls move this conversation to the ideas/suggestion area, ok, it has really nothing to do with the SVN, thx.

EDIT: Changed Sacajawea to a Scout rather than an explorer and the Apache Scout to an Explorer, just looks better this way. Plus changed the size from 2 to 1 unit.

I'm using the latest .svn and the bear rider still has a bit of pink. The horns on his helmet are bright pink.

I managed to launch C2C based on an incomplete SVN revision. No model errors, just a few missing civilopedia entries. Going to try a game today.
Related: What is in the FPK? Non-modular parts of the mod, I'm assuming. I haven't updated it yet. If theres a crash, I'm going to blame the FPK.

I managed to launch C2C based on an incomplete SVN revision. No model errors, just a few missing civilopedia entries. Going to try a game today.
Related: What is in the FPK? Non-modular parts of the mod, I'm assuming. I haven't updated it yet. If theres a crash, I'm going to blame the FPK.

Should be all the ART files only. Minus the modular like you said, except for the great Hydro, he has converted his to FPK also, YEAH.:p

And if its in the SVN you should not get a crash, especially if you use the Max Compatibility savegames.

EDIT:
With the latest dll, with the changes, for some reason, the sounds are coming through better also:crazyeye:

Updated with some fixes and 6 new wonders ...

- Sydney Opera House
- Big Ben
- Bird's Nest Stadium
- CN Tower
- Fort Knox
- Gateway Arch

Note they started out taken from another mod, but I ended up having to change so much and add some much stuff they left out that really they are more mine than where i got the base wonders from. Note they still may need tweaking. Feedback is appreciated.

Enjoy! :D

Your message box is overflowing. My sourceforge id is rwglaub

The above instructions are slightly incorrect, since my original post was wrong, and got corrected in a later post. Where it says 'Export...' above it should say 'Checkout...' otherwise you'll get a downloaded copy but it won't be attached to the repository so it won't be able to get updates or allow commital of changes from it.

@DH - could you edit your top post here that quotes my original to replace 'Export' with 'Checkout' please. After that I think it's fine.

You forgot to post the URL in step 5.

Work in progress.

Documentation for using SVN for C2C

A: Getting started:

1) Get a sourceForge login

2) )Modders only) Tell Koshling what your SourceForge userid is, so he can add you as project contributors

3)Download and install Tortoise SVN if you don't already have it (http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html)

4) Prepare a folder to contain your copy of the project
  • Create an empty directory that will hold your working copy (i.e. - local directory on your machine which will be your 'image' of the central repository - this is where you will make your changes when you want to contribute them and where other people's changes will sync down to). I strongly recommend that this is NOT your 'live' copy in 'program files/firaxis/...'. Mine is in \development\C2C, but the location doesn't matter - just put it somewhere convenient where you have space.
  • (Moders only) You can make changes here without effecting anyone else while you are developing them - the rest of us will only see them when you commit them (see later)
5) Checkout from the repository to the folder you created in (4). This will get the current revision (which I have initialised as the V13 content) and make a permanent connection between your working folder and the repository. Assuming you have installed SVN as in (2) you can do this by right-clicking the directory in Windows Explorer and selecting 'Tortoise SVN/Checkout...'. When it asks you for the repository URL enter.

6) After it's all copied you are up and running!

B: Getting the current version into play:

1) Create an empty folder somewhere not inside 'program files'
2) Right click and drag the root folder of your working copy to this new folder
3) Select the 'export without versioned files' option
4) Move the result into your mods folder (and rename it from C2C to Caveman2Cosmos)

C: (Modders only) Submitting updates

To make changes (once I have added you as a contributor) just edit files in your working copy and to sync them to the repository when they are ready, select them then right-click (in Windows Explorer) and select 'SVN Commit'. Please give a meaningful description of the change in the 'Description' box when doing this. To pull down other people's changes just do 'SVN update' on the root folder you created in (3) (or any subfolder if you know you are only after specific stuff). So we all stay in date I recommend we all do refreshes on the root quite frequently - before doing so you can use 'Tortoise SVN/Show log...' (usual right-click in Windows Explorer as is all SVN UI) on the root folder - that will tell you about any changes anyone has made so you'll have an idea of what a refresh would get (this list includes the description text for each revision, which is one reason why its important to provide a decent description when you do commits). I generally do a 'Show log' every day when I start (on AND currently since that was the only relevant SVN project until now) to keep up with what people are changing on an ongoing basis.

Old
Spoiler :

Your message box is overflowing. My sourceforge id is rwglaub

You don't need to be added to the access list for read access, only if you intend to submit changes. I'll address my in-box issue, but please only request explicit adding if you intend to be contributing. Since there was confusion on that point I will assuem any requests received so far do NOT need contributor access unless they explicitly say so.

If you have any issues retrieving from the SVN let me know.

I added a new Language Civic to the SVN. It has the following civic choices ...

- No Language
- Native Language
- Trade Language
- Interpreters
- Foreign Language Education
- Universal Translator

I plan to take out the "Native Language" and "Trade Language" buildings as soon as Dancing Hoskuld makes the "Myth of ..." buildings require a different building than "Native Language".

Just updated 15.0 to 15.1.

Also removed Universal Translator via Hydro from the Projects area.
Changed some of the techs around,

Spoiler :
- Moved Hunting to the left one column (X14).

- Moved Sewing to the right one column (X14)

Warfare
Tech Req: Spear Making AND Hunting

Sewing
Tech Req: Weaving AND Bone Working AND [Personal Adornment/B]

Salt Processing
Tech Req: Boat Fishing AND Masonry AND Camel Riding

Plough
Tech Req: Agriculture AND Copper Working AND Equine Domestication

Orchards
Tech Req: Agriculture AND Apiculture

Fermentation
Tech Req: Agriculture AND Orchards AND Pottery

Aristocracy
Tech Req: Caste System AND Monarchy AND Falconry

Siege Warfare
Tech Req: Iron Working AND Ancient Ballistic AND Chariotry

Sanitation
Tech Req: Canal System AND Ancient Medicine AND Lead Working

Theology
Tech Req: Medication AND Code of Laws AND Music

Tech changes after 15.1:

Spoiler :
Dualism
Tech Req: Priesthood AND Sacrifice Cult

Monotheism
Tech Req: Masonry AND Writing AND Polytheism AND Dualism

Aesthetics
Tech Req: Alphabet AND Sericulture AND Sculpture

Construction
Tech Req: Masonry AND Monarchy AND Mathematics AND Elephant Riding

Weather Lore
Tech Req: Mathematics AND Philosophy AND Cloud Patterns

Astronomy
Tech Req: Education AND Optics AND Astrology

Mercantilism
Tech Req: Banking AND Divine Right AND Navigation AND Drug Trade

Battlefield Medicine
Tech Req: Chemistry AND Anatomy AND Nationalism AND Drug Trade

Calvary Tactics
Tech Req: Stirrup AND Mounted Archery AND Matchlock Dueling

Astro-Environmental Systems
Tech Req: Astronautics AND Fire Suppression

Climate Models
Tech Req: 3D Modeling AND Computer Networks AND Ecology AND Long Range Forecasting

Weather Control
Tech Req: Quantum Computing AND Terra Computer AND Climate Models

Moved "Fire Suppression" tech to the Left one Column.

More changes AFTER 15.1:

Spoiler :
Spice Trade
Req Tech: Calendar AND Trade AND Salt Processing

Iron Working
Req Tech: Monarchy AND Bronze Working AND Lead Working

Divine Right
Req Tech: Gunpowder AND Constitution and Political Philosophy AND Fundamentalism and Papacy

Geology
Req Tech: Scientific Method AND Mountaineering

Derivatives
Req Tech: Agricultural Engineering AND Applied Economics AND Legalized Gambling

Extreme Sports
Req Tech: Tourism AND Water Sports AND Globalization AND Motor Sports

Lunar Exploration
Req Tech: Computers AND Astro Environmental Systems AND Radio Astronomy

Astrobiology
Req Tech: Astrogeology AND Genetics AND Biological Warfare

Space Tourism
Req Tech: Space Stations and Communication Networks AND Ion Propulsion

Quantum Teleportation
Req Tech: Computer Networks AND Fiber Optics AND Magnetic Levitation AND Superstring Theory

Weaponized Antimatter
Req Tech: Antimatter Rocket AND Weaponized Disintegration

Changed SETI_PROGRAM to require Computers and Radio Astronomy.

changed Mono and Poly techs also to JosEph_II suggestion.

Added TXT changed from EldrinFal

@strategyonly

Thanks again for changing all these techs for me. I have been slowly tracking down dead end techs and finding some sort of tech that can require them. While my ultimate goal is to click on "Analyze String" and all the techs will light up, however i doubt I can get them all there may be few stragglers in the Galactic Era that just don't lead to that.

I also would like to add some new techs one I am done finding loose end techs. There are many industrial and modern techs I would like to put in. Also I still want to put in the dance/music related techs too.

More techs after 15.1:

Spoiler :
Biological Warfare
Req Tech: Organic Chemistry AND Electronics AND Guerrilla Warfare

Naval Aviation
Req Tech: Military Science AND Radar AND Aviation AND Amphibious Warfare

Modern Warfare
Req Tech: Globalization AND Mechanized Warfare AND Guided Weapons AND Robotics AND Composites AND Guerrilla Warfare AND Amphibious Warfare

Megastructure Engineering
Req Tech: Superstrong Alloys AND Naval Aviation

Lunar Trade
Req Tech: Lunar Tourism AND Mass Driver Launcher AND Solar Propulsion

Planetary Trade
Req Tech: Planetary Economics AND Planetary Colonization AND Lunar Trade

Launch Arcology
Req Tech: Nuclear Pulse Propulsion AND Advanced Shielding AND Colony Arcology AND Planetary Manufacturing

Megastrong Alloys
Req Tech: Atomization Field AND Singularity Stabilization AND Weaponized Antimatter

Galactic Federation
Req Tech: Astroanthropology AND Wormhole Communications AND Advanced Seedships

Wormhole Traversal
Req Tech: Wormhole Communications AND Megastrong Alloys AND Transtangible Neutrino Accelerators AND Teleportation

Ascension
Req Tech: Time Travel AND Galactic Federation

Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion
Req Tech: Transverse Euclidean Geometry AND Ascension

Euclidean 5-Space Geometry
Req Tech: Transverse Euclidean Geometry AND Ascension

Analyze Strings
Req Tech: Euclidean 5-Space Geometry AND Endogenous Euclidean Propulsion

Top Bottom