Help Wanted Ads

What Text file holds vanilla LH text?

OK in "C2C" extra civs and LH, you need to look into the modules folder, under Custom_Civilizations (Plus we only use Static LH, no animated ones. The ones animated now will have to be changed at a later date.

I hope you have Winmerge, because you'll be using that for every LH there is.

How do you make a Civ with WinMerge. I copy a LH, and change all the files

Look at my Custom Civ in the modules folder, i usually use Cherokee one, also you need updated schema's for all schemas listed, C2C has thier own schemas.

I copy a civ and change all the files. That Mexican Civ takes a while to download.

Once you get the hang of the way "we" do modules in C2C, it will be easy as making a pie. Right now if you can do 1 a week that is fine, but after three weeks, i expect at least 2 a week, how does that sound??:p

I think 1 a week, I have school, but over the summer I could pump out maybe 3 or 4 civs a week

That is not a problem, we all know RL is way more important.

Check CIV4VoteInfo.xml and CIV4VoteSourceInfos.xml.

I thought I looked there, but I went and looked again. The only difference that I can see is that AP votes have <iStateReligionVotePercent> set to 100, and UN votes have <iStateReligionVotePercent> set to 0. In the case of the Secretary General vote, that's the only difference (Victory changes that number and the Population Threshold). Is that what sets it? What would happen if the number was changed to something like 10?

I thought I looked there, but I went and looked again. The only difference that I can see is that AP votes have <iStateReligionVotePercent> set to 100, and UN votes have <iStateReligionVotePercent> set to 0. In the case of the Secretary General vote, that's the only difference (Victory changes that number and the Population Threshold). Is that what sets it? What would happen if the number was changed to something like 10?
Actually I was wrong. This setting only amplifies the amount of votes you get if you have the right state religion. The binding of vote source to religion happens if the wonder that activates the vote source (like AP) has bStateReligion set.

Actually I was wrong. This setting only amplifies the amount of votes you get if you have the right state religion. The binding of vote source to religion happens if the wonder that activates the vote source (like AP) has bStateReligion set.

So where is the actual connection between the VoteSource and the membership? What could I create with just XML as a third vote type? For that matter, I do not see where the penalties for defying a resolution are coded, and I suspect that is buried somewhere else as well.

So where is the actual connection between the VoteSource and the membership? What could I create with just XML as a third vote type? For that matter, I do not see where the penalties for defying a resolution are coded, and I suspect that is buried somewhere else as well.
Whoever has votes is a member and the number of votes is calculated in a C++ function. So besides religion based membership and all are members there is no third possibility without changing the code.
I'll have to look up the defy penalties in the code.

Whoever has votes is a member and the number of votes is calculated in a C++ function. So besides religion based membership and all are members there is no third possibility without changing the code.
I'll have to look up the defy penalties in the code.

OK. I would not have a clue how to calculate numbers of votes. I may have to put everything else together and put in a new Help Wanted ad.

Something else I would to ask: Is there any way to adjust the results of Great Person Missions? Like the Artist's Great Work, or the Spy's Infiltrate City? I have a couple Wonders that would like to be able to do this. The only way I can think of do this is using a Python def onSelectionGroupPushMission(), but beyond that, I don't have a clue. I don't even know the right syntax to use.

Something else I would to ask: Is there any way to adjust the results of Great Person Missions? Like the Artist's Great Work, or the Spy's Infiltrate City? I have a couple Wonders that would like to be able to do this. The only way I can think of do this is using a Python def onSelectionGroupPushMission(), but beyond that, I don't have a clue. I don't even know the right syntax to use.

Are you asking to change existing missions or add new ones? If the latter then you can use the outcome system for very simple stuff although AIAndy is promising calls to python at some stage.

Top Bottom