Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems lots of formerly cool and smart people have become bronies. Maybe you should rethink your attitude towards them. ;)
I agree! Especially after some changes were made to your post.

I've seen so many creepy and scary things today. I love having weapons by my bed.

God forbid you should be enthusiastic about something that makes you happy...

God forbid you should be enthusiastic about something that makes you happy...

Enthusiasm is fine. Watching it every time it's on, buying merchandise, ya-da ya-da that's fine.

But dear god so many take it too far. And more and more are jumping on the bandwagon of being a brony because everyone around them is a brony. It's latest social fad that will die out once people realize treating a show so religiously is incredibly stupid.

Enthusiasm is fine. Watching it every time it's on, buying merchandise, ya-da ya-da that's fine.

But dear god so many take it too far. And more and more are jumping on the bandwagon of being a brony because everyone around them is a brony. It's latest social fad that will die out once people realize treating a show so religiously is incredibly stupid.
We must be twins. I agree with a lot of your sentiments that you post. (The ones that I've seen and can remember, anyway.) :)

Oh well, you miss out on a really good show and a pretty swell and diverse community. Your lost.

Oh well, you miss out on a really good show and a pretty swell and diverse community. Your lost.

Not really my loss. I see no gain in religiously being a part of a fandom and talking about it at any opportunity that arises.

Though I am different than most people, so I guess that'd be understandable.

EDIT: Also, I like MLP. It's a good show.

I wonder what your definition of "religiously" is; because from my experience bronies are generally normal, often talented, sometimes not, always diverse, group of people who also happens to be enthusiastic about Friendship is Magic. They don't put up altars to Princess Luna or try to convert people or let the show rules their everyday lives. They talk about the show, but no different from the way people talk about what they are enthusiastic about, whether it be a certain sport team or a particular hobby.

I wonder what your definition of "religiously" is; because from my experience bronies are generally normal, often talented, sometimes not, always diverse, group of people who also happens to be enthusiastic about Friendship is Magic. They don't put up altars to Princess Luna or try to convert people or let the show rules their everyday lives. They talk about the show, but no different from the way people talk about what they are enthusiastic about, whether it be a certain sport team or a particular hobby.

Not the bronies I've interacted with.

I'm starting to loath a certan IOT game due to it filled with backstabs and hurt feelings.

The world needs a bit more whimsy - if it must be Technicolor ponies, then so be it. :dunno:

The main problem with bronies is that they are too difficult to tell apart. They all choose the same pony as their avatar in all internet places, everywhere. It used to be Rainbow Dash but currently it is Pinkie Pie. There are so many ponies to choose, why all choose the same one, seriously, and why the pink one.

Because Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are the best ponies.

rant: finished watching Clannad, and now I have nothing to watch.

Look, if youre a fan of something you are a fan of something and if you are not, you're not. If you are a fan of something it is natural you will want to share it with others, maybe to the point of being annoying. I'm well-aware of it. Please just please try to keep this cool. Because flamewars are never good.

Look, if youre a fan of something you are a fan of something and if you are not, you're not. If you are a fan of something it is natural you will want to share it with others, maybe to the point of being annoying. I'm well-aware of it. Please just please try to keep this cool. Because flamewars are never good.

???

It's rather self-defeating to say "Please keep this cool" after said conversation is over.

I did not realize it was over. I thought people were still arguing on that.

I need a new computer desk since this one I currently have just broke. It was partially broken a few days ago, but now the who back has come loose. Thankfully it is fixable, since all I have to do is replace the screws that broke, that connected the back to the seat of the chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom