Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So cold. Feels like winter already. I went to a wedding this afternoon, and it was down in the cold part of Sydney. Today was the coldest day so far this year. The wedding was outside, scheduled for 4pm, started at 5pm. Meant a lot of standing around waiting. In the cold.

"Signal problems". I'm getting tired of hearing that phrase on the commuter train, meaning that I get delayed by 5 minutes or more.

Switch to CivIII my friend. :assimilate:

When I was preparing dinner tonight (peeling the last of potatoes that I would later boil and mash), I cut my left index finger. It hurt quite a bit and bled profusely for a while, but after I got a band-aid on it stopped enough that I was able to continue cooking. Mom insisted on testing the glucose level of the bloom that was running down my hand, and found it was rather low so it is a good thing the cut didn't delay dinner much. The cut isn't really bothering me anymore now, but I am annoyed by how the band-aid keeps making me press the wrong keys when I am typing.

So... apparently my stepdad has decided to skip out of town after 57 months of marriage and reunite with his horrible ex-wife. He grabbed all his shnitzels, took half our money (including tax rebate) and his whole paycheck and vanished.

So... apparently my stepdad has decided to skip out of town after 57 months of marriage and reunite with his horrible ex-wife. He grabbed all his shnitzels, took half our money (including tax rebate) and his whole paycheck and vanished.

I'm sorry cardgame. That's a really D move. :(

You're too pessimistic.

Anyway... my stepdad leaving doesn't really affect me so much, emotionally, but it's been hell on my mom.

Also, my FAFSA and other aid/EFC was based on a two-income household.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom