Random Rants XXXVIII: First World Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just occurred to me that pretty much every single one of my friends is in a relationship. It's really not the sort of thing that you want to realise when you're feeling alone and unloved...

Are yours also trying to set you up with a female friend of their girlfriends?

I'm so damn tired of the grading in my thermo class.

Got out test back today, which I get points off for 1) drawing a line as solid instead of dashed and 2) not saying a = b in an answer that didn't require it. I left answer in terms of a and b. The answer just needed to be expressed in terms of "known states"

like seriously, why am I getting points off for drawing a line as solid instead of dashed when I even label everything correctly and leave notes explaining the diagram. Or how other such things are critically necessary.

I get the normal points off for things that aren't fully explained well or are wrong, partial credit, etc, but points off for how I draw the lines? srsly brah?
Spoiler :

1) drawing the "real" path as dashed and actual path as solid for a turbine (problem was of real turbines, isentropic efficiency 85%, rankine power cycle, etc). Like, I drew the diagram for what the problem actually does but apparently you're supposed to draw real path as dashed and the isentropic path as solid. I drew it vice versa, because I thought solid is always what actually happens.
2) Not writing a = b = c in expression for eta (thermal efficiency). It's a reheat and regeneration with open feedwater rankine cycle so you're writing work and stuff and I didn't write h2b = h2a = h2. I left my answer in terms of h2b and h2a. State 2 was the split of stream between turbine stages).
3) also on that note I got points of for just writing eta = Wnet/Qin for cycle (which had 2 turbine stages, 2 pumps, and a steam generator for Qin) instead of writing eta = Wnet/Qin = sum(W/mdots) / sum(Qins).

Wnet/Qin implies it's a summation, like wtf. I even write the proper (Wturbine1 + Wturbine2 + Wpump1 +Wpump2)/Qinsteamgenerator and my thermal efficiency is correct (except Qin for steam generator can't have h2b in it! you have to write h2b = h2!)

I'm so damn tired of the grading in my thermo class.

Got out test back today, which I get points off for 1) drawing a line as solid instead of dashed and 2) not saying a = b in an answer that didn't require it. I left answer in terms of a and b. The answer just needed to be expressed in terms of "known states"

like seriously, why am I getting points off for drawing a line as solid instead of dashed when I even label everything correctly and leave notes explaining the diagram. Or how other such things are critically necessary.

I get the normal points off for things that aren't fully explained well or are wrong, partial credit, etc, but points off for how I draw the lines? srsly brah?
Spoiler :

1) drawing the "real" path as dashed and actual path as solid for a turbine (problem was of real turbines, isentropic efficiency 85%, rankine power cycle, etc). Like, I drew the diagram for what the problem actually does but apparently you're supposed to draw real path as dashed and the isentropic path as solid. I drew it vice versa, because I thought solid is always what actually happens.
2) Not writing a = b = c in expression for eta (thermal efficiency). It's a reheat and regneration with open feedwater rankine cycle so you're writing work and stuff and I didn't write h2b = h2a = h2. I left my answer in terms of h2b and h2a. State 2 was the split of stream between turbine stages).
3) also on that note I got points of for just writing eta = Wnet/Qin for cycle (which had 2 turbine stages, 2 pumps, and a steam generator for Qin) instead of writing eta = Wnet/Qin = sum(W/mdots) / sum(Qins).

Wnet/Qin implies it's a summation, like wtf. I even write the proper (Wturbine1 + Wturbine2 + Wpump1 +Wpump2)/Qinsteamgenerator and my thermal efficiency is correct (except Qin for steam generator can't have h2b in it! you have to write h2b = h2!)

I had a similar experience with my thermo test. There was a section where you had to write stuff about elasticity and temperature and stuff. I got 1/10 points because I didn't use the triple product rule, even through I pretty much verbally explained it. >.>

It would be really nice to sit down in a restaurant and eat lunch without having to listen to the fools at the next table loudly hurl homophobic slurs back and forth at one another.

I have a friend on Facebook who is a girl probably five years younger than me, and she tries talking to me whenever we're both on. What are some good excuses I could use right no to get off, but still being nice.

Nows she trying to Facebook call me.

I have a friend on Facebook who is a girl probably five years younger than me, and she tries talking to me whenever we're both on. What are some good excuses I could use right no to get off, but still being nice.

"Hey, I've got some homework I really need to work on. Bye."

End. Go offline. Unfriend.

i hate this goddamn virginia weather. the high in the end of april shouldn't be 45.
Agreed. We nearly got snow today! And when I say that, I mean it in that I don't want snow at the end of April! :mad:

Dunno lads, I only count people as 'friends' if I know them F2F.

I usually defriend those people on principle. Moreover, since your five years her elder, and since you're in high school, that would put her in middle school. I don't allow middle schoolers to be my friends on principle, as well.

I usually defriend those people on principle. Moreover, since your five years her elder, and since you're in high school, that would put her in middle school. I don't allow middle schoolers to be my friends on principle, as well.

That sounds like a good rule. :lol:

I had a freshman who did this, (I'm a Junior btw).. don't be nice it never works!

She randomly added me after I met her briefly at some youth group, so I was like 'meh i'll be nice and accept it' later she chatted me, and before she left shes like 'Text me sometime' giving me her number, I never intended to text her, then a few seconds later my phone started buzzing, and voila she texted me... This went on for a while.. so finally I stopped responding to her messages, blocked her on facebook, and all that. And it worked, now she never tries to talk to me. :lol:

Really, most people under, uh, 16 shouldn't have an fb. Only when you have faraway friends should you get an fb. If you're seeing your friends everyday, and you live <5 minutes away from them, means you need to go effing outside.

What is this "outside" you're talking about?

That big scary fractal thing that you see when you open that kind of vertically lidded device where your post appears. If you still get real-mail.

It's great. I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom