A Total Conversion of this Mod which should be Implemented Upon DLL Release

Didn't this mod have many different ideologies as well as many goverment options, that's what I found attractive about it, specifically the Anarchism one, that really impressed me, you guys still have it like that right, have yet to see anything saying it isn't, wish there was a more comprehensive list of what this mod has right now. I wouldn't scrap that, I really liked the wide ranging government systems and ideologies that were there last time I checked, that is the main reason I am intent to purchase gods and kings since I have the money now, to play this mod for that specific feature

Don't worry, all the ideologies currently in CCtP and more will be present in my proposal.

I really like IV... but am concerned that it may take forever to get there with technology coming so very slowly after the modern era.....

Myother concern is can we select the victory condition for galactic victories? When I first started playing I developed strategies to gain cultural victories very early in the game. When you are not yet in the modern era and gaining 125 cultural points per turn, it is not very hard to get the utopian victory even if it does take a very long time to build it.....

I really like IV... but am concerned that it may take forever to get there with technology coming so very slowly after the modern era.....

Myother concern is can we select the victory condition for galactic victories? When I first started playing I developed strategies to gain cultural victories very early in the game. When you are not yet in the modern era and gaining 125 cultural points per turn, it is not very hard to get the utopian victory even if it does take a very long time to build it.....

The moment that *someone* reaches a given era, all VCs for that era are invalid and the new VCs take over. That way the victory should be "in play" for a long time. You're right that tech rates should be sped up in any case.

This seems like a LOT of work for a volunteer-based team, basically you want to rebuild the entire game, which I'm not sure if you can pull it off or not. I'd be very happy to see CCTP like this however, just not sure how much work it'd take :p

This seems like a LOT of work for a volunteer-based team, basically you want to rebuild the entire game, which I'm not sure if you can pull it off or not. I'd be very happy to see CCTP like this however, just not sure how much work it'd take :p

I could probably use a modmod of Gedemon's Cultural Diffusion and Revolutions mods of my own making and then incorporate it into CCtP. New SPs and religion-spread mechanics are probably within my own personal reach as well. I will, however, not be able to make modifications that require C++ coding. And yes, it *is* actually possible to run these.

Additionally, I was also recently contemplating if it would be possible to use the BOINC program, most commonly used for scientific research, as a grid computing platform that could eventually create a new form of MP bypassing the existing system in favor of a more efficient one.

So when should we expect to start seeing the first steps of the total conversion? Also are there any plans to fix the limit to the amount of civs allowed on a map? (at least up to 22 like the unmodded game lets you do)

So when should we expect to start seeing the first steps of the total conversion? Also are there any plans to fix the limit to the amount of civs allowed on a map? (at least up to 22 like the unmodded game lets you do)

There is a 34 civs DLL already out there, which we may be able to raise higher but not without q large amount of C++ work. I am currently working on this mod's UI, and will then do XML, then Lua, and will have to ask the talented team here to do the necessary DLL work.

There is a 34 civs DLL already out there, which we may be able to raise higher but not without q large amount of C++ work. I am currently working on this mod's UI, and will then do XML, then Lua, and will have to ask the talented team here to do the necessary DLL work.

Gedemon (who made the 34 civs DLL) says that it is trivial to raise number of civs to 63. 64 or higher causes immediate crashes. Also, 80 or higher requires a total rewrite of the civ engine.

Note even with the 34 civ DLL, you only have leaderheads for 22 civs. The rest have a blank screen. Apparently, the 22 civ limit is hardcoded in the .exe

Gedemon (who made the 34 civs DLL) says that it is trivial to raise number of civs to 63. 64 or higher causes immediate crashes. Also, 80 or higher requires a total rewrite of the civ engine.

Note even with the 34 civ DLL, you only have leaderheads for 22 civs. The rest have a blank screen. Apparently, the 22 civ limit is hardcoded in the .exe

That reminds me, since there's going to be elections and other various ways for a civ to change leaders in the total conversion, what will that do to the leaderheads?

That reminds me, since there's going to be elections and other various ways for a civ to change leaders in the total conversion, what will that do to the leaderheads?

We could just use static leaderheads and remove the absurdity of having 3D leaderheads at all.

EDIT: Development status has been posted in the OP. Development should accelerate pretty soon.

We could just use static leaderheads and remove the absurdity of having 3D leaderheads at all.

EDIT: Development status has been posted in the OP. Development should accelerate pretty soon.

Can you use a different colour than yellow for "high priority"? I can barely read it.

Hopefully this means the colour choice was poor, rather than I am colour blind.

Very ambitious, I would really love if you succed in it. I dream of being able to play Call to Power space age again! :D

Very ambitious, I would really love if you succed in it. I dream of being able to play Call to Power space age again! :D

Thanks for the support :)

On this note, development status has been updated! Tech UI is pretty much done but could use some polish, policy UI is still in the works, and thanks to Gedemon's code political control is almost done, but government buildings have yet to be added.

A place where there might be room for significant improvement in the performance is the barbarian turn. It seems to take extremely long. I'm in the digital era and the entire map is settled, I doubt if there is even a barbarian unit to be found anywhere on the map, but the barbarian turn still takes 3-4 times as long as all the npc player turns put together...

Top Bottom