Tool for XML Validation

It turns out that it is not possible to have the complex modules we want. The only way to have optional modules is to have them in different folders and have the player add or remove them by using the MFL file.

The main reasons I say this are
  • there is no way to include or exclude ART files using dependencies or option tags as they are not supported
  • same for Unit Classes
  • making a building class dependent on a unit class does not work it always fails. I assume the Unit Classes list is initialised but not populated at the time the building class dependencies are checked

This means I need to move things back into folders to support the options we want. For example I will need to move all the Mammoth buildings out of Hydros modules and into the Mammoth folder if Mammoths and their megafauna units are to be optional.

The current WoC implemention has it's limits because WoC was never finished or 'and' has not been designed to handle all those situations.

I was trying to tell you this last year because with or without the additional error messages i wanted to enable it doesn't really work!

The current WoC implemention has it's limits because WoC was never finished or 'and' has not been designed to handle all those situations.

I was trying to tell you this last year because with or without the additional error messages i wanted to enable it doesn't really work!

I know it WoC was never finished off completely but the Game Option tags are not WoC they are RoM:AND and they aren't finished of either.:cry:

I didn't read anything about GameOptions in your previous post. But it makes what you wanted even less possible.

I just said option but meant game option, sorry.

The game option tags turn the unit infos or building class or building infos on/off based on the game options selected in the Custom Game screen ie exclude it or include it. Meaning it works well with the dependencies of WoC.

Those GameOption tags don't really turn those infos off, they are just not visible but they are still in the game. That is why it can't work to combine those tags and the dependencies of WoC. But i think i might be wrong about what you tried to do.

I am just frustrated with it all. It does not help that I am not well either. I have a recurring infection which just wont stay healed.

@alberts2 does validator detect tag, that is used multiple times without nesting in single item entry?
For example this would trigger validator
Code:
<Item>
           <Stuff>qwerty</Stuff>
           <Stuff>qazxs</Stuff>
</Item>

And this one would be fine.
Code:
<Item>
       <Stuffs>
           <Stuff>qwerty</Stuff>
           <Stuffs>qazxs</Stuff>
      </Stuffs>
</Item>

Last edited:
It is based on what is defined in the schema file. If Item is defined as a containing n Stuff entries then your first will work. If Item contains one Stuffs that is defined as containing n Stuff entries that will work.

If defined properly it will report your error on line 4 of the second example.

edit I would post an example but I am about to go out for the day.

It is based on what is defined in the schema file. If Item is defined as a containing n Stuff entries then your first will work. If Item contains one Stuffs that is defined as containing n Stuff entries that will work.

If defined properly it will report your error on line 4 of the second example.

edit I would post an example but I am about to go out for the day.
Apparently that doesn't detected this:
Code:
    <BuildingInfo>
             ---rest of building ------
            <iAIWeight>1</iAIWeight>
            <iAIWeight>1</iAIWeight>
    </BuildingInfo>
This tag shouldn't be repeated in this case.

It, the validator, should be catching duplicates. That may have been lost when we went free form, ie order not important.

I suspect that the dll will be treating the last one as the correct one. Even if they are not next to each other.

edit my clock is fast, now is when I should be getting ready to go out :lol:

Top Bottom