what's the news for this mod?

Civ4newbie

Warlord
Is multimaps done yet? Are there sea cities yet? Have aliens been implimented for the galactic era rather then just one alien rival?

The design is for only one alien rival. Nothing in your list is done but we have moved a big step towards sea cities.

Is multimaps done yet? Are there sea cities yet? Have aliens been implimented for the galactic era rather then just one alien rival?

While we don't have multimaps, we do have multiple maps on a single map - basically as the Americas and Europe/Africa/Asia are seperated by water, on this three planet map we have Lunar, Martian and Terrestrial terrain seperated by space. This is, however, extremely basic by now; there are no spaceships flying around etc.

I have some ideas how we could set up this quite easy and also pushed lunar colonies quite a bit, but I really don't have time to work on that and I'd really need help from more experienced modders with that.

If you want to have a look at this, go to Assets/Modules/Faustmouse, open the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls" and set the LunarColonyDemo to "bLoad" 1 instead of 0.
You have to place your city manually at lunar terrain and it still has a lot of flaws, iE terrestrial buildings that shouldn't be buildable on the moon at all.

I think I recall Civilization 2 had something similar to that, multiple maps in one scenario... But CivIV you'd have to write all that from scratch because it wasn't intended for that sort of behavior. I can't even imagine how one would go about coding something like that - so huge amounts of respect to the people working so hard on this!

Sea Cities sounds cool too, will that be giving something to the Abyssal Colonization tech then?

I'm also curious as to if the combat oddity involving Lead From Behind is still present or not (It's terribly annoying but not fatal). It's been there as far back as v26 from what I can tell, still reading through the SVN threads to find some mention of it, but nothing so far. Lots to read through x_x

Top Bottom