city growth vs cottage growth

Gwynnja

Deity
I usually run a CE and I let my commerce cities grow at the same rate as the cottages; that is to say, I don't build farms to speed growth of the city and then convert them to cottages at the happy cap. But I wonder... perhaps this strategy might work better. Has anyone tried this? I think the standard worker:city ratio might need to be increased, but by the time you've reached the happy cap workers get popped out pretty quick. (I hope this makes sense out there and not only within the confines of my own imagination.) My idea is to have a couple of work crews made up of three or four workers to farm young cities so they'll grow quickly and then another group or two of workers to be the cottage conversion teams at the capped cities. Im wondering if the cottages' efficiency would be increased by getting several of them online right in a row rather than slowly plopping them down as the cities grow. If anyone has tried this or even considered it, I'd love to hear your experiences and opinions.

Top Bottom