Mod Components

lemannorthway

Chieftain
I posted this earlier, but I think I put it in the wrong section of the forum. I have download 7 mod components that I like, and would like to use all 7 at the same time. I can only get one of them to work at a time. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

What have you downloaded? It can be very hard to merge them. Please tell us some details.

The components I have downloaded are:

No Favorite Civics
Farms
Inquisition
Planet Buster
Settlers
Super Spies
Bombing Missions

Edit - Note, I am very new to mods. All I have done so far is edit the xml for a few units.

What you can try is getting one of the active creators of one of the modpacks you like to release a combined version. They may be interested, I know I've conviced glider1 to add components from his mod from time to time....

First, create all the folders, which are in the modcomps, in your mod, and then paste the files in it.
The first problem will come, when you have double files.

No Favorite Civics: I guess, it's only one file in the civilizations folder -> paste it in the civilizations folder of your mod.
Farms: iirc, it's also only one file, in the terrain folder.
Inquisition: I don't know, what files are in it, but it shouldn't collide with the above mentioned files, so paste it.
Settlers: Also, like above, i don't know it exactly, but i'm sure, that it has a UnitInfos.xml and a UnitClassInfos.xml, and these files are also in the InquisitionMod. So you have to search the new or changed units (settlers, i think :D), and copy the new entries and replace the old entries from the same files in the InquisitionMod.
Planet Buster: Also a "crash". I have also a special UnitInfos and UnitClassInfos.xml, the entries are at the end of both files. Copy the Planet Buster unit entry over to your 2 files. Next crash: The inquisition mod has python, Planet Buster has python.
Here you have to be careful! You can also just copy the entries (search in the python files for the mod name, it will show you the changed things), but for python the tabs are essential! To be sure, all is right, you should download and install python, and open both files with it, and copy it there.

...and so on :).

Thanks for the info. I'll give that a try. If nothing else I might be able do merge a few of them. If that doesn't work I'll try to contact one of the creators to combine them. I have been wanting to learn more about mods, and hope to do an entire mod from scratch one day. This will give me some practice, and hopefully I'll learn a bit more about this stuff.

Top Bottom