So much for a peaceful relaxing game...

rf900

Warlord
Ok, so after some domination victories I wanted to go for a peaceful game, picked up Gandhi and was aiming for a culture victory in a Pangea small map against 5 AI.

So who does the game place me against with? Attila, Ramesses, Genghis, Montezuma and Askia.... GREAT

War started before I could react, Egypt capital fell. As I was surrounded I took their other city close to mine before the AI could finish it. Then of course Attilla declared war on me, I barely escaped placing a Citadel next to my Capital, he didn't even offer peace after I killed 10 of his units. Then Genghis declared war from the other side, luckily there were some rivers next to the old Egyptian city and it was easy to defend, I also placed another Citadel there afterwards.

While the bunch was having fun on one side against each other I went fully against Attilla on the other side. Once he was destroyed it was easy to defend against one side only, having a lead on tech and liberating some city states helped. Also a couple of city states were in such a good defensive position that AI was unable to take them (pretty bad in those cases it is, just loosing units carelessly).

So another domination victory.

In the next game I am Babylonia and my tech lead is good, but Rome is growing too big and bullying everyone, not sure if I will be able to win this one peacefully... yet again.

Interesting stuff.

Ok, so after some domination victories I wanted to go for a peaceful game, picked up Gandhi and was aiming for a culture victory in a Pangea small map against 5 AI.

So who does the game place me against with? Attila, Ramesses, Genghis, Montezuma and Askia.... GREAT

Isn't that always the case? I've done the same thing, started a game to play Science or try Diplo for the first time, chosen a non-war civ. I find out I'm either surrounded by aggressive Civs or I find out 60 turns in that I've been dealt the best Dom map I've ever seen. At that point I've already gone down the tech tree, adopted policies I wouldn't otherwise choose, or set up my cities in defensive positions instead of offensive?

Typical...

It's like every time I want to move up in difficulty. The computer just puts me next to the Aztecs or the Mongols. Wanting more of a challenge doesn't necessarily always mean getting your butt whooped.

Top Bottom