Starve a city to death

terveurn

Warlord
Can you starve a city to death if the city is not on a food square?

I know in Civ 2 if you starved the city, it would eventually disappear and a settler would appear.

Does Civ V have this ability?

No, even if you settle a city on nothing but snow, it will still provide enough food to let it survive with one citizen. This is why the AI always spams cities in ridiculous locations.

What if the city attacked by enemy units and the city health decreased to the red zone.

Health of zero isn't really a health measure. It's a measure of city defense strength. The city is defenseless at that point, but its last citizen is still alive and will stay alive even if he city is captured (until you raze the city).

Um, yeah. Capturing a city ordinarily cuts its population in half, but a captured 1 pop city will keep 1 pop -- until you decide to raze the captured city, whereupon that last citizen goes ... poof! Leaving only ruins and an orphaned road segment....:cry:

Ha, i captured an Ottoman city with a caravel and razed it. When it was gone the caravel was still there and i moved it out into the sea. It took up the same amount of moving as embarking units do i.e. it used up all its movement getting into the sea :D

Top Bottom