Imported "Oil" doesn't work as well?

LordTightPants

Chieftain
I was in late game, and had a ton of battleships and bombers built. Russia was trying everything to find a way to attack me, but it would have been walking into a meat grinder for them. The AI starts telling me I'm Using More Oil Than I Have, and that my units that use it will fight "much less effectively". I don't get this. I only had one well and 3 offshore rigs, but I was gold rich and gave Byzantium so much gold they sold me most of their oil so even with all the "oil units built" I still showed a positive 14 barrels.

I don't get this....anyone else see this? Doesn't make sense as many civ's import their oil :)

PS: I've seen this before but I was negative in oil when the trade ended....bug?

The AI told you you didn't have enough oil?

What do you mean by this?

The AI told you you didn't have enough oil?

What do you mean by this?

It dropped an oil icon in the notification area and when I hovered the mouse over it, it told me I was using more oil than I had....I have never seen this in 2500 hours, except when I was negative in oil...but that never happened....strange

I've had the same thing but with iron. Maybe it's a bug?

Your oil resource probably stopped. Are you sure none of your allied CS's weren't giving you oil, and then they were no longer your ally ?

Happened to me once, I had to go and buy back the "ally" and wit a few turns for his oil...

Did you just upgrade some units that used oil to other units that used oil.e.g. great war bomber to a traditional bomber?

I have seen something like this when upgrading units before where i would get repeated pop-ups on upgrading, although that was when i was at that resource limit and never when i had an excess upon upgrading.

Did you just upgrade some units that used oil to other units that used oil.e.g. great war bomber to a traditional bomber?

I have seen something like this when upgrading units before where i would get repeated pop-ups on upgrading, although that was when i was at that resource limit and never when i had an excess upon upgrading.

Yes, actually I did upgrade some fighters and bombers then it started....but I always showed +14 barrels of oil...maybe bug in my oil amount? hmmmm

For strategics, there is a non-infrequent bug regarding upgrading from one unit that requires that strategic to another that requires the same strategic--the computer seems to double count the required strategics and then reports that you're over the limit, etc. Does not appear to actually impose unit strength penalties, at least as far as I've observed.

For strategics, there is a non-infrequent bug regarding upgrading from one unit that requires that strategic to another that requires the same strategic--the computer seems to double count the required strategics and then reports that you're over the limit, etc. Does not appear to actually impose unit strength penalties, at least as far as I've observed.

That's good to know re: unit strength....I managed to eek out a Sci Vic (Prince post patch) before I had to use those battleships, but boy how I do love to use those! :lol:

I've also seen that it double counts iron when upgrading and then a second afterwards it removes the additional used iron from the counter. It displays the warning because it's on negative, but since it's only for a second it doesn't affect you in any way.

I've also seen that it double counts iron when upgrading and then a second afterwards it removes the additional used iron from the counter. It displays the warning because it's on negative, but since it's only for a second it doesn't affect you in any way.

The double count comes from the way upgrades were coded by the programmers. They first create a new unit, then copy all of the existing promotions and experience from the old unit to the new unit, and then they delete the old unit. Because of this coding sequence, there is a brief period when you have one "extra" unit using the resource.

Top Bottom