Map Trading:

Titanium69

Chieftain
I haven't played in years and I recently bought MTE. Is it even possible to get the AI to trade maps?

In order to trade maps, both civs must have the technology "Map Making." Beyond that, it will depend on the AI's attitude towards your civ.

The rival's attitude towards you has to be Cordial or above. I have seen them trade maps as receptive in rare occasions but I would advise against trying that as you are usually cut off from further negotiation when they turn down your map exchange request.

As far as I have observed, they are only willing to exchange maps at worshipful if you do not have an embassy. With embassy, it is usually cordial. And mapmaking is required anyways.

Give them money and technologies. If you're playing Multiplayer Gold Edition, you'll want to do this on the turn you initiate contact (since they'll quickly become hostile after that). If all you need is a general location for the civ in question (so you can send caravans), a single map exchange is usually sufficient. Delivering caravans can also increase attitudes, I believe.

Top Bottom