List of Avaliable Fantasy Units

Nutty uploaded a bunch of great units recently. I have added two of them, the Great Unclean One and Tyranid to the unit list in Post #1.
Spoiler :
[/URL]This is a list of Civilizations V animals and fantasy units I've found on Civfanatics. I'm making this in the hopes that it will expedite the creation of more fantasy units and fantasy mods, and maybe even my dream of seeing Fall From Heaven in Civ V. If you know of any (fully functional) fantasy units not listed here, please, please post a link to them so that I can add them.

This list currently contains links to 20 fantasy units.

Animals - 4
Eagles and Ravens
Lion
Spider
Wolf

Elves - 1
Fyrdwell (Reindeer-mounted Elves)

Humans - 3
Assassin
Druid
Charlemagne Supply Train (Ox-drawn cart)

Monsters - 12
Humanoid - 5
Drake - black, green & red
Drake - white
Griffon
Tree Ent
Tyranid (Insectoid creature)
Non-humanoid - 7
Great Unclean One (Giant creepy demon)
Orc Spearman
Ogre
Stoneskin Ogre
Storm Giant
Vampire Swordsman
Wolf Rider
I'd like to publicly thank Bane for all his hard work on unit model creation/conversion. I have seen images of some of the units he's working on and they look awesome. Can someone please help him out (3 posts above this one) before he gives up and we lose one of the precious few Civ 5 unit guys we have?

P.S. Pazyzrk, when is Ea V3 coming out?

@ Murphy613: Could you please add my new gryphons to the OP? Thanks!

Done. However, I've posted the link to the download page, not the thread. Do you want me to change that? (Also, I recommend posting a link to the thread on the download page.)
The units look great. I especially like the black grifffon's red eyes. Thanks so much for taking the time to reskin them. :goodjob:
I notice this is your first mod; do you intend to make others?

P.S. Pazyzrk, when is Ea V3 coming out?
Sometime in May I'm pretty sure. I could release it now but it is a bit too alpha-y, and I'm determined to finish off a few more spells that are really important. At least now I have all the units I need to make it "work", thanks to everyone's efforts here.

Since I'm posting here, I'll just add my current wish list. Any/all of these will be quickly added into the mod when they exist:

Skeleton
Angel (the one at the bottom of this post would be great)

--below are needed to add Heldeofol as a playable race
Goblin Archer and Marksman (2nd is an upgrade that could be a simple recolor)
Goblin Scout and Tracker (as above)
Orc Warrior
Orc Light Infantry (available w/ Bronze Working; the orc axman would be fine)
Orc Medium & Heavy Infantry (both iron-armored; 2nd just has more)
Orc Immortal (available w/ Mithral Working; a shiny reskin of H. Inf. would work)
An upgrade to the existing wolf rider (Wolf Rider -> Warg Rider; a reskin would work)

Done. However, I've posted the link to the download page, not the thread. Do you want me to change that?
No, that's fine. Thanks!
The units look great. I especially like the black grifffon's red eyes. Thanks so much for taking the time to reskin them.
You're welcome, I'm glad you like them. I think I should probably tell you that the reskins took about five minutes each. It's a LOT easier than converting Civ4 units.
I notice this is your first mod; do you intend to make others?
Definitely, I have a beautiful elf archer taken from Wolfdog's Fyrdwell and rigged to vanilla archer animations...that I currently cannot export to .br2 because of script errors or .fbx because of corruption.:mad: But once I straighten that out (and I've tripled the speed of my progress on that recently now that Ekmek's been helping out) you guys will have a new fantasy unit that I suspect will be more useful than these scattered monsters that only rarely appear. However, I can do reskins just fine and am going to make as many fantasy units out of those as I can. I'm working on a dire wolf now (it's not the big snarly wolf kind, but an undead one with exposed ribs and guts and all that).

Could you basically just add all my new units as soon as you notice them? Should save some space.

You're welcome, I'm glad you like them. I think I should probably tell you that the reskins took about five minutes each. It's a LOT easier than converting Civ4 units.

Definitely, I have a beautiful elf archer taken from Wolfdog's Fyrdwell and rigged to vanilla archer animations...that I currently cannot export to .br2 because of script errors or .fbx because of corruption.:mad: But once I straighten that out (and I've tripled the speed of my progress on that recently now that Ekmek's been helping out) you guys will have a new fantasy unit that I suspect will be more useful than these scattered monsters that only rarely appear. However, I can do reskins just fine and am going to make as many fantasy units out of those as I can. I'm working on a dire wolf now (it's not the big snarly wolf kind, but an undead one with exposed ribs and guts and all that).

Could you basically just add all my new units as soon as you notice them? Should save some space.
I'm glad to hear about the upcoming units, and a bit intrigued myself about reskining. It seems much simpler than unit conversion - how exactly is it done?
I add any fantasy units as soon as I see them on the list; I was asleep when you uploaded the Griffon. Also, if you want to tell me something without using space you can PM me.

Edit - Just noticed Nutty's Angel Spearman in the database and added it to the OP.

Totally minor suggestion: Maybe you should break out Orcs & Goblins as a separate category from Monsters. My reasoning is that they were a playable civ in FFH and will be in Éa and Warhammer (and maybe others). So we really need lines of units with upgrade paths for these. It's fine to lump all others (ogres, etc) together under monsters because they are most likely to be used as wandering monsters (or if in a playable civ, as a one-off unit without upgrade).

Edit: My ulterior motive is that unit artists/converters will be more likely to notice the gaps if these are by themselves in their own category.

Edit 2: By the way, I tested Devilerator's Zombie and it looks great! (although I intend to recolor the blue-jeans eventually...) Perhaps Undead is a reasonable category also since we have two units now.

Totally minor suggestion: Maybe you should break out Orcs & Goblins as a separate category from Monsters. My reasoning is that they were a playable civ in FFH and will be in Éa and Warhammer (and maybe others). So we really need lines of units with upgrade paths for these. It's fine to lump all others (ogres, etc) together under monsters because they are most likely to be used as wandering monsters (or if in a playable civ, as a one-off unit without upgrade).

Edit: My ulterior motive is that unit artists/converters will be more likely to notice the gaps if these are by themselves in their own category.

Edit 2: By the way, I tested Devilerator's Zombie and it looks great! (although I intend to recolor the blue-jeans eventually...) Perhaps Undead is a reasonable category also since we have two units now.

All right, I'll do that. There's already an Angel and an Elf category with only 1 unit each.

Re: reskinning, I recently made a quickie tutorial for Rob. Note the link to my teamcolor tutorial also. You can let me know if you have any questions.
I did those Gryphons with four things: GIMP, Nexus Buddy, Deliverator's Griffon, and Nutty's tutorial that Rob requested. It's that easy. I wasn't kidding about the five minutes.:cool:

Hi guys,

As I have not played Ea yet, awaiting for the third instalment before jumping in, I might be talking through my hat when mentioning the following list of units (humans) done by great people - please ignore if irrelevant:

Danrell’s global repository
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=465145

Longswordsmen
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=478349

Barbarians / Wildsmen
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=481094

Carthaginian Spearman
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=479560

Celtic Warrior (with sword and shield)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=475971

Housecarls
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=393556

Knights
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=412782

@Greyborea, thanks for the links!

If you (or anyone else) wants to help organized these units for Man and Sídhe, follow me over to the development thread here.

Also a Chaos Marauder right here:
Chaos Marauder (Warhammer).
He's a human, not a daemon. I can't seem to find any Warhammer-themed daemons in the Civ4 Unit Forum, so if someone could direct me to one please?

A Warhammer-style Orc Axeman has been converted from Civ4 by yours truly, Murphy already updated the OP.

Also a Chaos Marauder right here:
Chaos Marauder (Warhammer).
He's a human, not a daemon. I can't seem to find any Warhammer-themed daemons in the Civ4 Unit Forum, so if someone could direct me to one please?

Both units look great; thanks so much.:goodjob:
Sorry I haven't ben posting/responding lately, I'm pretty busy these days.

Uh, Murphy? Small gripe, but the Chaos Marauder is human. Believe me, if you'd seen some of his friends you wouldn't mistake him for a monster.
Also I did two more units, the Kraken and the Elven Archer. I'll do one more fantasy unit, a mounted one - you can make requests - and then I will stop uploading for a while to work on Warhammer units that will not be released until either the mod comes out or I finish all units for a particular civ in which case I will upload a unit pack.

Now when we have the vampire, skeleton and zombie, I think you should create an Undead category :)

Top Bottom