Hinge Of Fate Game - Edelweiss

I have been working very late every night this week but will come home a little early tonight and get the German turn done.

Thanks

GPS to Allies

Germany Jan 1943

Western Front

West Northwest 3-T's from Plymouth
4/4 U-211 vs 4/4 AA CA Ely=4/5 U-211

Eastern Front

Murmansk:
Ju-88->Hit Damages Unit

South of Vologda:
Fighter-bomber->Hit Destroys Impovements

Moscow:
H.A.->Hit(2)=3/5 SRA
H.A.->Hit(1)=2/5 SRA

The City of Stalingrad Falls

German Inf. Div moves into undefended Stalingrad

South of Stalingrad:
Stuka->Hit(1)=1/2 NKVD (Militia)
3/6 24th Panzer Div vs 1/2 NKVD (Militia)=3/6 24th Panz Div

Southeast of Stalingrad:
Stuka->Hit(2)=1/3 9th Mountain Div (Militia)
4/4 L. Tank Div vs 1/3 9th Mountain Div (Militia)=5/5 L. Tank Div

South of Stalingrad 2-T's 5/6 25th Panzer Div captures Russian worker

South of Stalingrad 3-T's:
3/4 6th Panzer Div (LT) vs 2/2 416 Rifle Div (Militia)=2/4 6th Panz Div
2 Russian workers captured.
Ju-88->Hit Destroys Road

Voronezh:
Me109->Hit destroys Population
Fighter-bomber->Shoots Down Yak-3
Stuka->Hit destroys Sturmovik

Northeast 2-T's fromVoronezh:
Fighter-bomber->Hit Damages Unit
H.B.->Hit Damages Unit
Ju-88->Hit Damages Unit
Ju-88->Hit Destroys Road

Southwest of Saratov:
Ju-88->Hit Damages Unit
Ju-88->Shot Down
Fighter-bomber->Hit Destroys Improvments

V.P. Tile with Oil Northeast of Astrakan:
H.B.->Hit Destroys Rail

Hill Northeast of Karkov Inf Div encounters invisible unit =4/5 Inf. Div.

North Africa

Northwest of Tripoli:
1/18 Afrika Korp vs 4/4 7th Cavalry Division=1/18 A.K.
1/18 Afrika Korp vs 2/2 Field Artillery=1/18 A.K.
American Heavy Artillery in hills Southeast of Oran captured.

wow, you guys are attacking with armies on their last hitpoint? :eek: i am following your open thread and wished so much that you guys would write stories and upload photos of those maps and fights!
t_x

Thanks for following templar_x

I do try to write more detail but have been super bogged down at work this last month and a half.

I attacked with the 1 HP Army since I did not think I had a chance to get it back to Bengazi to heal up, the Allies are hitting us hot and heavy in North Africa and that last attack was supposed to be the Afrika Korps final "Swann Song"! My hope was to weaken the British forces to help Tripoli to hold out for another turn or so.
I did not think it would survive the attack and it is a matter of time before the Allies hunt them down and take them out.

Or Nature might do the killing blow! Who knows?

As far as pics I do take some each turn and share them with my team but posting them here would only give our enemies information we don't want them to use against us.

sure. i meant open another story in the stories section just in order to upload those pics... so your fellows (and myself :mischief:) could follow them ;)
t_x

Sorry guys.

I might need additional 24 hours to complete my turn. I am the summer cabin without civ atm :(

After that turn, Jureil, I wouldn't be surprised to see Afrika Korp kick all my troops back into the sea! :(

I was looking to shave off a few points from the CW Cav Div .
I did not think it would go that far.
They should die fast since they attack way better then they defend so I am sure they will not last much longer but then again who know?:eek:

For the rest of my turn not much went on. I moved into Stalingrad that was undefended and killed 3 Militia around Stalingrad.

Did my standard bombing around Russia and had one lone U-Boat attack.

I did not include my misses with my artillery or planes since most other players do not include that in the reports any more. I did have a lot of misses this turn!

Sorry guys.

I might need additional 24 hours to complete my turn. I am the summer cabin without civ atm :(

I have no problem with that it is the Easter weekend for everyone including the Orthodox Church. That does not happen often I think?

Easter screwing me out for another day.

Tomorrow is guaranteed, but I understand if you want to get it done. :)

GPS

Did bombing runs on Stalingrad but since I didn't have sight (anymore) on the time of bombing, I don't know the results. Some units were injured and 1 citizen killed.

Guys going to ask a favor here...one of my wife's senior officer's husband just went into the hospital and she is going to stay with us since we are 5 minutes from the hospital he's been admitted to. So we're getting things set up for her to stay. So I've started the turn earlier but unable to finish it given events. So I will finish it tomorrow and forward it then. Thanks everyone!
Sully

No Worries Sully

Need to take care of what is important first.

I think the pace of this game has been fantastic, the best of any PBEM game that I have been a part of!

Thanks all for a job well done!:goodjob:

First off appreciate cutting me some flak...things are somewhat stable with our friend but has been kept in the hospital due to an elevated temp following tests today. So has been busy for me today helping where I can. Plus I am still dealing with the residual after effects of the pneumonia I had. I can't believe Im not completely over it!

Anyhow here's the results....not really worth the effort given the wait. Seems the pep talks/incentives to the German Fighter pilots must be paying off....don't recall the loss of some many bombers in a single turn!

Occupied Europe
-CA & DD Destroy Rail NW of Kiel
-BB Destroys C.Def at Antwerp
-Lancaster Shot Down over Paris
-Hvy Bmr Shot Down near Koln
-Hvy Bmr Shot Down s of Koln
-Hvy Brm damages unit in Brest

N.Atlantic
-2 DDs bombard 5/5 UBoat 10 Ts SW of Belfast
-4/4 DD vs 3/5 UBoat>2/5 DD

Med
-3BBs Bombard Palermo and damage units

-2 Hvy Bmrs Damage units in Benghazi

Burma
-Bmr damages unit in Rangoon
-2 Bmrs destroys Roads east of city

GPS to AB

Good news our friend has been released from the hospital with a diagnosis of...pneumonia!!! And wasn't heart related. I'm 5 weeks past the onset of my pneumonia I caught in Nebraska and still have mild symptoms..mainly fatigue and an occasional dry cough I can't suppress. I am so ready to be back to normal soon!!! Anyhow thanks for cutting me some slack the other night. We poor Allies are certainly taking it on the chin everywhere!!! OUCH :cry:

The Italian Air Force in Sicily is still putting out fires from where a daring Royal Navy raid shelled airfields all along the coast and caused heavy damage. There's only one port nearby from which such an attack could be launched, and the surviving air forces scramble immediately.

Malta
  • The weakened remains of a Ju-88 wing leads the attack and promptly misses its target, instead hitting the city's food supply and a baby formula factory (Granary destroyed).
  • Malta's AA defenses are alerted and intercept the second wave of Ju-88 bombers, shooting them down (Ju-88 shot down by AA).
  • 2 more flights of bombers hit the British fighters. The first damages it 3/3 to 1/3, and the second destroys the fighter.
  • Axis dive bombers race to the port but are shredded by AA fire (Stuka shot down by AA).
  • The second wave hits an unidentified British Battleship, damaging it 3/3 to 1/3.
Meanwhile, reformed and consolidated Axis forces press into Russian territory from Rostov, determined not to suffer the fate of the last Minor Axis expedition.

GPS to Elephantium and the Allies.

The Italian Air Force in Sicily is still putting out fires from where a daring Royal Navy raid shelled airfields all along the coast and caused heavy damage. There's only one port nearby from which such an attack could be launched, and the surviving air forces scramble immediately.

Malta
  • The weakened remains of a Ju-88 wing leads the attack and promptly misses its target, instead hitting the city's food supply and a baby formula factory (Granary destroyed).
  • Malta's AA defenses are alerted and intercept the second wave of Ju-88 bombers, shooting them down (Ju-88 shot down by AA).
  • 2 more flights of bombers hit the British fighters. The first damages it 3/3 to 1/3, and the second destroys the fighter.
  • Axis dive bombers race to the port but are shredded by AA fire (Stuka shot down by AA).
  • The second wave hits an unidentified British Battleship, damaging it 3/3 to 1/3.
Meanwhile, reformed and consolidated Axis forces press into Russian territory from Rostov, determined not to suffer the fate of the last Minor Axis expedition.

GPS to Elephantium and the Allies.

Was hoping that our Naval Bombardment would have done more damage to the Bombers during our previous raid to prevent them from making this attack! Commanders are assessing the damage and hope reinforcements can make to Malta! The loss of a JU88 & Stuka Grps is good news and troops draw an extra ration of rum as the milk supply was destroyed this raid!

FYI, I'll be about 4 hours late playing the save. I would like to play this turn myself if the Axis team doesn't mind the delay.

I do apologize for not being able to get to it before today.

Top Bottom