Resource Expansion Packs

Skaz881

History Major
I got permission to upload cryptlc and Glaicierheart's mod as long as they were given credit (they're listed as authors on the downloads page) and I added in all of the applicable resources. This mod adds in over 70 new resources complete with pedia entries and all necessary values. There is an issue with the sea resources not showing up on many map types, but they will show up on Earth maps at least. If you don't want a specific resource, just delete it from the Add_Rep in the Lua file. Just.........don't delete anything from the Database, it will cause the mod to stop working.

The resources are:
BASS
BLUE CRAB
BLUE WHALE
CLAM
CORAL
DOLPHIN
GREAT WHITE
GREY WHALE
HUMPBACK WHALE
KING CRAB
LOBSTER
MARLIN
OYSTERS
SALMON
SHRIMP
SQUID
STONE CRAB
TROPICAL FISH
TROUT
TUNA
DIAMOND
RUBY
EMERALD
SAPPHIRE
LEAD
NICKEL
PLATINUM
TITANIUM
MANGANESE
CINNAMON
FRANKINCENSE
GINGER
LAVENDER
MYRRH
SAFFRON
BIRCH
CEDAR
MAPLE
OAK
PINE
REDWOOD
ALPACA
ANGUS
ELK
HOLSTEIN
LONGHORN
MOOSE
PIG
REINDEER
WHITE TAIL DEER
APPLE
COCONUT
CRANBERRY
GRAPE
MANGO
ORANGE
PEACH
PINEAPPLE
POMEGRANATE
RASPBERRY
STRAWBERRY
BARLEY
CORN
HEMP
HOP
OAT
PEANUT
POTATO
RICE
SOYBEAN
TOBACCO
TEA
COFFEE
COCOA
NUTMEG
PEPPERCORN

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=22621

Moderator Action: Moved to main C&C forum. The subforums are only for completed files

Update: Added in Tobacco, Tea, Coffee, Cocoa, Nutmeg and Peppercorn.

I hope I did the author part of the download page correctly, I will fix it if I didn't. There may be another update later as I am trying to make the Diamond graphics not look like sparkly salt, which wasn't how it was supposed to turn out.

Update: Fixed the Diamond graphics so that they look more distinct than salt.

Update: Fixed a bug with Peach and tweaked Diamond.

It' a bit much to ask for screenshots, but would it be possible for you to list the 70 resources by name in the OP? (or a link to a list?)

Done. List is copied from the files, so that's why everything is in caps lock.

Awesome thank you for putting this together.

I have one question. I would like to remove the alpacas, and tried both commenting out and deleting from the Add_REP.lua file. It did not work. Any suggestions?

That's odd..........it might have something to do with it being an animal resource, as the only ones I've ever removed are plant based. The next time the original authors are on, I will pass along the question, and later I'll test it out myself.

Not all of them. animal's can't be changed apparently and the rest of the static resources are on Horem's to do list, allthough he seems to have dissapeared........

Also, I read glacierheart's steam workshop, and he says that these resources are only meant to be used when building your own map. Am I wrong to expect this to work with any other maps?

The other packs are, but this pack is meant to work on random map generation.

I was able to remove the alpacas and have everything work no problems.

In the database each resource has a rivers, hills, or plains option. One is a one and the other two are zeroes. I changed Alpaca to three zeroes and don't see them anymore. They were so darn many before it was silly lol.

ETA: Otherwise I really appreciate the variation. I was looking for a variable of how often it shows up but couldn't find it. Wouldn't mind alpaca's at 1%. Do you know of this way?

Unfortunatly I don't, my contribution was to code in the resource models and post it here. You would have to ask Glacierheart how to do that. Other than that, experimentation.

Not all of them. animal's can't be changed apparently and the rest of the static resources are on Horem's to do list, allthough he seems to have dissapeared........

yeah, he did. I did post the plantation that uses the lubermill instead of the plantation building and never heard back.

I was able to remove the alpacas and have everything work no problems.

In the database each resource has a rivers, hills, or plains option. One is a one and the other two are zeroes. I changed Alpaca to three zeroes and don't see them anymore. They were so darn many before it was silly lol.

ETA: Otherwise I really appreciate the variation. I was looking for a variable of how often it shows up but couldn't find it. Wouldn't mind alpaca's at 1%. Do you know of this way?

I'm glad you found a way to remove them, but I really wonder why you had so much trouble, since today I tried removing all of the animal resources (was tired of being confused over whether that was a deer or not) and I didn't have any problems.

I'm looking for a few art models to finish off the Resource Expansion Pack. I would be happy if someone would do graphics for:

Maple
Birch
Redwood
Cedar
Oats
Soybeans
Potatoes
Rice
Hops
Peanuts
Pineapple

Major Update: Temporary graphics have been added for all of the plant resources that didn't have them and some existing graphics have been changed. These graphics are not quite right for the resources, and will be replaced when Horem posts the ones he has completed.

Top Bottom