Game Too Easy?

Widowmaker313

Warlord
With us Americans still playing the demo, I hear about people getting the ICBM (nuke) by 1250 AD, does this mean the game is to easy? I don't want to play as a person new to this and get nuked in the Medieval Ages while I still have legions.....

Well, maybe you may need to explore more, I think that person is using all resources for settlers and science, so catch him and conquer his cities first :D . MP is way more different than play the dummy computer. If you planning to stay in your base just like single player mode that probably is not going to work in MP. There are aggressive players, turtle players, etc BUT you need to explore and find that out before is too late.

Oh, alright, because I am mostly a balanced players, most I've gotten is steam power but I've also conquered a few capitals.... I always rush aztecs now.

If you know since the beginning which civilization you opponent is using and what is he doing so you can create a plan for that particular game, THAT'S why civilization is so amazing, every game is different.
Advice: Learn Pro and Cons of each civilization so at least you know which advantages you opponent has at every age.

But even so, the game becmes unrealistic even when I had steam power at 1200!

Two words: Difficulty Levels.

On Deity the game will own you hard. Good luck teching up quick when you've got a constant attack from 4 other nations on you.

-D

Touche. Never really thought of that....but I'm talking about on MP with humans.

I dont think the game is too easy, faster yes..
When the AI or human players are with you, they wont just let you tech yourself far above their tech. And when playing chieftan the computer oponents dont seem to tech themselves up at all. But on warlord there was actualy some1 with some technologies that I didnt have offering a trade.

havent played on harder than warlord yet, (CIV rev and MGS4/MGO are fighting over the playtime I have) but the hardest dificulties will definetly give some challenge.

I wouldn't worry about the year things are done. Civ Rev is supposed to be "fast speed."

Hey, don't all players get the nuke option stuff once the manhattan project is complete? Or isn't that in this game?

Oh, does the game come with a nice tech layout sheet?

good question(s), but you should take those questions to the quick answer threads.....

I wouldn't worry about the year things are done. Civ Rev is supposed to be "fast speed."

Hey, don't all players get the nuke option stuff once the manhattan project is complete? Or isn't that in this game?

Oh, does the game come with a nice tech layout sheet?

Only the player who build the Manhattan Project first will be able to create nukes.

whilst playing on king i got flight in the middle ages, as weel as riflemen and iother things, i really kicked arse, must have built 120 modern infantry before i won an economic victory in the late 1900s, oh i nuked someone too that was fun./

I enjoyed the game even if it is a dumbed down version of the PC....I really like the MP experience with it and it's much shorter than PC which makes it easier to play with freinds. I will buy the game definately though I don't think I could log more hours than I have on CIV IV

I'm hoping it's easier actually ... in the sense of simpler, less deep. My 10yo son plays Civ a lot, but just hasn't got the nuances of the game yet. He needs something less complex, it would be a great alternative to what he does now, play on chieftan most of the time.

For that same reason though, I'm imagining I will try it out when I get it, but not play much after that, except maybe matches with him.

Top Bottom