Would you pay for a CivRev map editor?

maggotman

And Then Bender Ran.
I've been Civ'ing for over 16 years now, and one the best things about the game was the "create your own game". Now that I play on my 360 (can't beat my 106" screen in my theater), I sure wish that they would release a map editor through Xbox live, or even a separate expansion altogether. Rules editing would be an even bigger bonus, but I'd settle for just a map editor.

I'd pay $50 for that.

No I wouldn't pay for a map editor. It is something that should be included in the game from the begining.

Maybe for $10 but not $50, that is a new game. An editor is not the cost for a new game.

Just getting into CivRev, and seeing if I should buy it, but from what I am reading, CivRev will not be supported anymore, so I wouldn't be looking forward toward anything else for it.

Not a dime.

For me, CivRev is for a quick, somewhat "simple" game. If I want to make maps, or otherwise edit the game, I have Civ III and IV for that.

I agree. Wouldn't even download it if it was for free. The reason is that the map size is too small, and I'm not interested in spending hours adjusting/creating a map to then have a 2 hour game on it.

You can't make everyone happy here. For the people who say Revolution is watered down, (not on this post but in all posts) what do you expect? You were warned this is what it was going to be like. (unless you didn't read any previews).

I think this is so much better than Civ4. Faster, smoother, and I don't have to tweak the console to get the game to run. Yes it has it's flaws, but didn't Civ4 have flaws as well?

I'd pay for it. I'd pay for some new units too. Like a locomotive that acts like a settler with no movement penalty.

I wouldnt pay for S@#$. Who are they to charge us for something that should be free. pay for new maps? units? the game wasnt even worth 65 bucks why would i spend an extra dime for them to make the game worth its original price.

I have every version of Civ and each one has it's virtues. I am aware that the purists prefer Civ 2. I will not even begin to encourage a debate about this. I am also aware that although despised by some; that Civ 3 is considered to be the genuine article. There again, Civ 4 although a major deparure from it's predecessors is to be considered a triumph in game design etc. I personally began playing on Civ 3 and have lost countless hours playing it. Had I spent these lucubrations on studying the "meaning of life" or something, I may have earned a Doctorote in an 'approved subject' and may have been able to pursue a worthwhile pastime that the general population would have considered to have been meaningful and NOT what some would say was a "waste of time"! However, if you want to have some FUN!! then waste your time playing a Strategy game that has the pace of 'Space Invaders' and yet still has the challenge of it's forebears and still leave you time to study for your Doctorate in 'Social Science' or something. Hey, I have wasted hours on this er...game...enterprise.... whatever.... and don't regret one minute of it!!! I have to say WELL DONE to the team for creating this really fun version of Civ.

I have every version of Civ and each one has it's virtues. I am aware that the purists prefer Civ 2. I will not even begin to encourage a debate about this. I am also aware that although despised by some; that Civ 3 is considered to be the genuine article. There again, Civ 4 although a major deparure from it's predecessors is to be considered a triumph in game design etc. I personally began playing on Civ 3 and have lost countless hours playing it. Had I spent these lucubrations on studying the "meaning of life" or something, I may have earned a Doctorote in an 'approved subject' and may have been able to pursue a worthwhile pastime that the general population would have considered to have been meaningful and NOT what some would say was a "waste of time"! However, if you want to have some FUN!! then waste your time playing a Strategy game that has the pace of 'Space Invaders' and yet still has the challenge of it's forebears and still leave you time to study for your Doctorate in 'Social Science' or something. Hey, I have wasted hours on this er...game...enterprise.... whatever.... and don't regret one minute of it!!! I have to say WELL DONE to the team for creating this really fun version of Civ.

Would you pay for a map editor? :rolleyes:

Would you pay for a map editor? :rolleyes:

No, as much as I like this version for a quick fun game, I don't believe that it warrants the purchase of a Map Editor.

Uh...um...I WOULD CHEAT

Top Bottom