Discworld- Going Postal

Pick at least one:

• Hate Discworld and that Pratchett guy is obsessed with hats!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Love Discworld, read(ing) this book(Going Postal).

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Love Discworld, not got the book yet but will soon.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Love Discworld, but not getting this particular book anytime soon.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Haven't read any Discworld, but heard it's good.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Haven't read any Discworld, but heard it sucks.

• Have read Discworld, but haven't read GP, though I heard it's good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have read Discworld, but haven't read GP, though I heard it sucks.

• Haven't heard of Discworld.

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Giant radioactive monkey/ massed ant attack.

• Total voters

~Corsair#01~

Deity
A new Discworld book's out called Going Postal! :D In celebration, I made this thread so we can discuss the wonders of Discworld! :king:

Comic fantasy huh? I've never really been in to manga or that sort of thing, maybe I could give this a try. Any other recomendations

Polls up now. :)

Comic fantasy? Manga? You think Discworld is a comic book? :lol:

It's an interesting book, from the ten pages I've read.;) It's written in chapters, which is rather different from the others.

Not comic but comedy.

I consider Terry Pratchett one of the most important social critics of our time, as his work is not only easily digestable and highly entertaining; he is also reaching out to a large number of readers, especially young ones.

Will buy A Hat Full Of Sky and Going Postal on Amazon anytime soon.

Thadlerian said:
Will buy A Hat Full Of Sky and Going Postal on Amazon anytime soon.
Argh, I've seen the Amazon edition. The word "ouch" comes to mind. Why don't they use Kidby's artwork? I have next to me a very handsome Hardback edition with a half-decent cover.

Oh! I get it now, man I feel ignorent now
Would it help if I said you mispelt "ignorant"? :crazyeye:

~Corsair#01~ said:
Argh, I've seen the Amazon edition. The word "ouch" comes to mind. Why don't they use Kidby's artwork? I have next to me a very handsome Hardback edition with a half-decent cover.
Of course I intend to use Amazon.co.uk, which uses Kidby :D

Is it the latest installment in the regular Discworld series, or in the line for "younger readers" (like "The Wee Free Men" and "A Hat Full of Sky")?

Not that it matters much. I will read it as soon as I can lay my sweaty little paws at a copy.:D

Is it the latest installment in the regular Discworld series, or in the line for "younger readers" (like "The Wee Free Men" and "A Hat Full of Sky")?

Not that it matters much. I will read it as soon as I can lay my sweaty little paws on a copy.:D

Latest Discworld novel, IIRC.
Ankh-Morpork story.

Verbose said:

Not that it matters much. I will read it as soon as I can lay my sweaty little paws on a copy.:D
Like the normal books, like Night Watch, Mort etc. :)

Ah, I love Discworld, its great.:D I probably won't get this one for a while though. I expect I'll pick it up at some point, but not anytime soon. I have afew Discworld books lying around that I haven't read yet, plus I'm trying to read them in order.

I heard that Pratchett's books accounted for 1% of the UK's book sales last year.

All hail Terry Pratchett!

Unfortunately, his novels are a little repetitive but then, he has written so many.. we should have a poll on the favourite Discworld character :p

Top Bottom