Free Tibet

Dida

YHWH
August 8th, 2007 marks the One Year Countdown to the opening ceremonies of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. This is a symbolic moment for the Chinese government to promote its Olympics propaganda and mask the reality of life on the ground inside China and Tibet.

On this day, Tibetans and supporters, under the Team Tibet banner, will expose China's Olympics lies and bring the message of Free Tibet 2008 to Chinese Embassies and Consulates worldwide.

Freedom-lover around the globe unit! Let's work together for a free Tibet.
http://www.tibet.net/
http://studentsforafreetibet.org/

The priests that ruled it before China were crazy elitist nuts anyways.

Free Xinjiang!

Free Andy Clumchuck!

The real problem with this Free Tibet thing is that the majority of the current population, whether lawfully arrived or not, is Han Chinese. Would throwing them out be justified?

Actually, even current incarnation of Dalai Lama has stopped actively pursuing free (as independent) Tibet. It's one more sad story of weaker-stronger relations in history (at least for now).

Don't particularly care. Tibet has been won to China via conquest.

The best situation for Tibet is true autonomy within a federal China (ala [wiki]Åland[/wiki] within Finland or [wiki]Greenland[/wiki] within Denmark), as it allows the Han Chinese to remain within China but give Tibet true self-rule. They can even make the Dalai Lama the titular constitutional monarch, the way that they allow tribal monarchs in Africa to be part of local government in Uganda, Ghana, and (possibly, I'm not sure) South Africa and Nigeria.

meh, I say just let the Dali Lama back in. I have this thing about kicking people out of their home. But I guess he doesn't care (bad word choice) any more. Semi-independant rule sounds good though....

Free China of their enslavers Tibet!

Free Paris Hilton!

Free Hat!! Free Hat!!

On a serious note. Communist China wont free Tibet nor leave Taiwan alone.

Really though the important thing is the Tibetan people can practice thier whatever and not have to deal with China being all nasty. I see no need for the reinstatement of an independant Tibet.

Top Bottom