What Civs are in?

^hey, you remembered my title. :D

anyhow, Aztecs? Mongols? Phoenicians? (real, pre-commie) Chinese? (the real) Spanish? Not a lot of people can name much on those guys, im pretty sure.

but, to add, this kinda thing is "more acceptable" for a console game than a PC game, i have to admit.

Besides that a lot of kids play console games, how is that kind of thing "more acceptable" on a console game? It's an insult to people's intelligence to say that they don't know as much about history...(look at my avatar, location, and title :p)

generally, from what i see, console games are generally more "action" oriented then... well, other stuff. it doesn't necessarily mean stupider, just means paying less attention to non-action things.\

so, thereforth, a historical annoyance here or there doesn't really matter in a console game as far as i can see - the action and graphics matter more.

Yes, I guess I could understand that, but this is a game about history, therefore it is just as important for the facts to be correct as they are on the PC. <_<

^hey, you remembered my title. :D

anyhow, Aztecs? Mongols? Phoenicians? (real, pre-commie) Chinese? (the real) Spanish? Not a lot of people can name much on those guys, im pretty sure.

I told you already, Phoenicia isn't playable!

that means ONE middle eastern civ (excluding the Egyptians, if you count them as Mediteranean)... oh well, i know they aren't that insane to put in a terrorist UU.

So the 3rd barbarian tribe is...
Hector of the Phoenicians ???
If they will be not playeble, there are the 3rd tribe???

But, unlike Cleopatra does later in that movie clip from E for All, Hector doesn't just come appear on the screen bringing diplomatic options, so the Phoenicians are most likely not a playable "civ."

I have already shown a screenie that could only be Hector and it is at the upper right where the diplo contacts are. That means that they would probably be playable.

Will9, that looks more like Alexander! And the other guy you showed is probably Caesar!

I can't understnad why Julius Caesar would be in over Augustus Caesar, as Julius ruled Rome for 5 years, whereas Augustus ruled for 42 years (which places him as one of the longest ruling European monarchs).

As I said, Hector didn't appear, all that appeared was a message about him sending acrobats. Unless a message like "Cleopatra has sent some dancing bears" appears, we can safely assume that the Phoencians are not playable. (And they're not barbarians, either, Zenon!).

And while that only means 2 Middle Eastern Civs, the Arabs (in Civ4, at least) pretty much cover the entire Middle East (except for Turkey) plus North Africa and even Central Asia (and partially India; in Civ4 one of their cities is Anjar, which is in the state of Gujarat).

But they should have just put in all the civs from Civ1 and then included the Spanish, Arabs, Japanese, and Persians alongside them. Although that would mean more Civs than there were in Civ3...

By the way, can somebody tell me what leaders and civilization were in Civ2 (including exp packs)?

I can't understnad why Julius Caesar would be in over Augustus Caesar, as Julius ruled Rome for 5 years, whereas Augustus ruled for 42 years (which places him as one of the longest ruling European monarchs).

Julius was in all versions of the game before Augustus, and, he is more famous.

And he also is Augustus' uncle, and he also basically created the Roman Empire. (not rome itself)

well, not "create" the empire, but certainly he is, or at least appears to many, a very important part of Roman history.

Julius was in all versions of the game before Augustus, and, he is more famous.

And Augustus goes by Augustus, not Ceaser.

Swein Forkbeard said:
Will9, that looks more like Alexander! And the other guy you showed is probably Caesar!

Alexander is ussually shown with dark hair and the concept art has someone wearing armor that looks nothing like something you'd see a Roman.

By the way, can somebody tell me what leaders and civilization were in Civ2 (including exp packs)?

Julius had more impact to Roman civilization than Augustus!!!

Civ2 had exp packs??? really? I didn't see it!
Civ2: Rom, Rus, Celts; Zul, Bab, Jap; Ger, Fra, Vik; Egy, Azt, Spa; Gre, Eng, Car; Chi, Ame, Per; Ind, Mon, Sioux. And I think there were one leader! Or was two, one male, one female?

You right! There were 2 leader one Male and one Female!

Like our Prime Minister Socrates said to President Barroso: "Porreiro, pá!"

A game like this, by the way, would never include the Netherlands, as most kids don't know them. I'm in 7th grade, and most of my classmates don't know a thing about the Netherlands. Same with Portugal or Poland. Sorry, TheLastOne36 and Dutchking.:cry:

^yea, but even the stupidest kids i know know something about 'Nam. :D

A game like this, by the way, would never include the Netherlands, as most kids don't know them. I'm in 7th grade, and most of my classmates don't know a thing about the Netherlands. Same with Portugal or Poland. Sorry, TheLastOne36 and Dutchking.:cry:
Yeah, I'm in 7th grade I know...:lol:
Everyone asks me if I'm German...[pissed]
Even though technically I am half...:crazyeye:
I'm American...;)

Top Bottom