France: Great,good,okay, or bad

civoholic

Warlord
France is a very lowkey, and very good civ
that start out with a cathedral, probubly the best starting tech,building you get in the game.
They also have pottery, an extra bonus that's nice also
They can construct roads by medieval, a nice bonus
Here's a big one, +2 cannon attack, that will make the cannons dominate and as good as tanks
And in modern you get +1 riflemen unit, not very good, but its okay

This is the best culture civ early in the game, so build those walls

Stradegy: Cultere early, then domination late

the more i look at them, the more i like them, a very good civ

rating: 8.5 out of 10

France is my favorite civ. Vive la France.
lol, I agree I like the culture in the early game and military in the late game

I have never won (on emperor) with Louis, but that's probably because wonder spamming is not a strong tactic on higher levels. Nappy is a solid leader.

I do like the colour of the french empire, and yes, that matters

I have never won (on emperor) with Louis, but that's probably because wonder spamming is not a strong tactic on higher levels. Nappy is a solid leader.

I do like the colour of the french empire, and yes, that matters

you cannot choose between leaders in civ rev
guess you're talking about civ 4

In my opinion they are maybe one of the worst civ of the game. They have no good bonuses to defend and a 20 science technology isn't good, waste of a bonus.

I would vote 3 out of 10.

In my opinion they are maybe one of the worst civ of the game. They have no good bonuses to defend and a 20 science technology isn't good, waste of a bonus.

I would vote 3 out of 10.

I love the french for a cultural victory but I do have to agree that the bonuses aren't really overwhelming

However, I'm not going to insult french, but really, I see they are instead of one of the best "rushers" (or at least good to dominate others), they are a weak civ with a lot of weakness. I would never use them online because noone of their bonuses would help me to defend myself.

Well, I find that if you settle your capital mainly inland, you can do really well online as the French. If you settle your capital mainland, you can grow and get more production quicker, except you will not produce any science. You can then use your capital to grow hella quick while rushing out settlers in key production and science spots. If someone declares war on you, because of the high amount of culture (population) your capital will produce, it will just flip right back in a couple of turns. I beat the Japanese, Americans and Chinese using this online, the Chinese horseman rushed me, which I defended while the Japanese sat with Democracy all game. Once I took out the Americans and the Russians (AI) with Catapults, I started to gain a tech lead and the game was easily over.

Morte Eterna,
France defenetly ranks as one of the best civs with the amazing catheradal bonus which is almost like starting with a university or a bank but with culuture.
I do not think pottery is a waste becasue you basically get free walls with it. That is a free 260 production in Paris ;)

With half-cost roads isn't all that great but it makes it so you could have a lot less defenders with +1 rifelman movement because they could easily travel anywere when neaded.

+2 Cannon attack is one of the most powerful thing in the game period.

So some of there bonuses are a little blahish, but they make it up in having some of the most powerful ones. France used to be my favorite, but now that I am more experienced in the game it might be Zulu. Rome is almost too powerful to play as :)

Morte Eterna,
France defenetly ranks as one of the best civs with the amazing catheradal bonus which is almost like starting with a university or a bank but with culuture.
I do not think pottery is a waste becasue you basically get free walls with it. That is a free 260 production in Paris ;)

With half-cost roads isn't all that great but it makes it so you could have a lot less defenders with +1 rifelman movement because they could easily travel anywere when neaded.

+2 Cannon attack is one of the most powerful thing in the game period.

So some of there bonuses are a little blahish, but they make it up in having some of the most powerful ones. France used to be my favorite, but now that I am more experienced in the game it might be Zulu. Rome is almost too powerful to play as :)

Well, it's your opinion, but, it seems you call every bad civ (not only in my opinion, but as it should be for facts) one of the best civ. Then I say, will you ever see a mongol, indian, french, guy perhaps being the first? No, because there are better civs and worse civs, and how can you call the +2 cannon bonus while they die really fast? I never had problems beating them, never lost to french, (0 game loss against french ), using arabs, romans, chinese, zulu, greeks, aztecs, they can't stop a rush.

Yeah I just don't think that any civs are realy that bad.
I guess you could say that they are week in the early game because you have to wait to get your pop up for the cathedral to shine. But because they can get to masonary fast they can stop any rush not from the Arabians that heads towards Paris.
And I do not base my opionions on how people play as them on multiplayer.

My favorite civs are the Zulu, Russia, and maybe China. :)

france is obviously a 9.5/10!

Top Bottom