Manhattan Project = Win?

TommyLF

Chieftain
Has anyone ever lost the game after building the Manhattan Project and getting the Nuke? Everytime I play online and get the Nuke, I end up winning the game. If things get close and someone is almost at a victory (Usually Culture/Economic), I just nuke their main city. This usually holds them off long enough for me to win the game. Anyone experience the same?

Yes and no.

Usually if I have the resources and can spend the hammers to build the manhattan project I have enough of the lead that it's comfortable for me to do so and I'm in control and just playing around before I win. So if I build it, I'm going to win, but not because I built it :)

That said, in a close game, I can certainly see where having the ability to nuke an enemies capital to keep them from winning would be very useful. That situation just hasn't presented itself to me yet.

I've been nuked online and still managed to win the game. The player nuked my capital, which hurt my economy but I still had enough good cities to reach 20,000 gold and build the World Bank.

I nuked someone and a third guy won with an economic victory. These guys were trading techs every turn and taking the entire timer to keep up with me on tech. It was annoying but I nuked someone, the guy I nuked finished 2nd, and would of defeated me militarily if the game lasted longer.

Fact is, if your capital isn't really important at all, then you can recover rather easily.

Only played once online and I got the nuke and I won. But the nuke didn't really have anything to do with it

Top Bottom