Gold Edition -- physical crack in CD

duckstab

Child of Noble Family
Well, I feel like an idiot.

I've had Civ4 Gold Edition (Warlords) since April, so I imagine it's out of warranty at this point, but here's my problem. In the course of taking the CD (Disk 1) on and off its spindle, a crack has formed from the center hole on outwards. Obviously the disk is no longer playable and I'm trying to consider my options.

I'd like to just go out and purchase one of the expansion packs (either Warlords or BtS), but I wanted to make sure I did not need my broken Gold Edition disk 1 for either installation or play. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Couple more questions... I have a Warlords game saved that I'd like to finish. If I have the BtS disk in the drive, can I still run Warlords and load that game? Or will the presence of that disk only allow me to run BtS? I'm under the impression that the latter is the case.

I hadn't really thought about the reinstallation issue. It's looking like my best option may be to try to find a cheap copy of Civ4 GE and then take better care of Disk 1. And then just put BtS on my Christmas wish list...

Top Bottom