RevCast Episode 02: "Attack of the Civs"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Nerds are people too. Regular co-hosts Annalee "Cartimandua" Barney, Joe "joebreeves" Reeves and Alexander "Alexander I" Strub are joined by first-time guest co-host John "bt_oz" Archer on the second episode of RevCast (RC), the newest Civilization podcast on the PolyCast (PC) network from Apolyton Civilization Site (ACS), focusing on Civilization: Revolution on its various platforms. "Attack of the Civs" is now netcasting with a runtime of 14m59s.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast on which Barney serves as a regular co-host as well; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories and will now transition into its monthly production and publication schedule. Summary of topics is as follows:

- 01m38s | Topic #1
Is there a best civilization in Civilization: Revolution? There appears to be a co-host consensus. Then, considering the following civs specifically: the Chinese, Americans, Russians, and Egyptians.
- 08m12s | Topic #2
What civilizations should be added into the CivRev universe then leads into calls for additional leaders and why what leaders already in-game were likely chosen.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Who's such a nerd and why, the presence of a clearly offensive player, male fantasies and unfortunate hand placements, and a standing invitation to another podcast.

Enjoy. :cool:

I liked this one better than the first. It seemed to be more in-depth and more on topic, but I think that has to do with the fact that the hosts were starting to getting used to doing PodCasts. This one was also funny, so I liked that part as well.

Keep up the good work! But for future PodCasts, I'd like to see more strategy discussions rather than explaining the game.

Nice job though.

I liked this one better than the first. It seemed to be more in-depth and more on topic, but I think that has to do with the fact that the hosts were starting to getting used to doing PodCasts.
Prior to RevCast, Joe had guested on elder silbing show PolyCast before, Alexander several times and Annalee has been a regular co-host on it for nearing a year. That said, they have not appeared on that show all at the same time let alone all being regular co-hosts on another show. They are probably relieved that I'm not on this panel. ;)

This one was also funny, so I liked that part as well.
:D

Keep up the good work!
As Editor of this show, I feel I can appropriately say on behalf of the show's co-hosts as well as myself, thanks. :)

But for future PodCasts, I'd like to see more strategy discussions rather than explaining the game.

Nice job though.
I'm certain Annalee, Joe and Alex are reading these discussion threads on a regular basis and will take your comment into consideration.

Top Bottom