Requested Mods

Maybe a mod that makes Carthage a little bit more focused on maritime trade routes? :D
I Mean, by wikipedia, Carthage was one of the biggest trade empires by its maritimes trade routes, but in the game they're not THAAAAAT special in this factor, but then again is wikipedia so... lol It would be fun to see them with a UA of marite trade routes or a UB.

Is there a section for requesting mods?

Moderator Action: Yes there is. I've moved your request to that thread.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I had a look in this forum and its subsections and didn't find one that is appropriate. It could be somewhere or I just totally missed it. If there is, could this thread be appropriately moved.

I am interested in getting some minor mods such as:

1. Coveted Land penalty -- It doesn't make sense how it works. Really, you don't go around seeing poor and low in resource country saying: I want oil, but becasue you have the oil, there for I covet your land, and so you have to sell/trade it dirt cheap to me. The only time is after territories (or cities) are conquered, only if it previously belonged to that civ in particular. But warmonger penalty is more than enough as a penalty as it is.

2. City State Trespass -- Relax on trepassing penalty on city states. When you try to clear a barbarian camp, and if the city state have minimal land, or a bottle neck land and your units need to pass through that territory (and sometimes other civ or the city state's unit is in the way), you end up having your unit on city state's land for longer than expected and the negative influence would have already undone the good you about to do when clearing the barbarian camp.

Similarly, though less of a concern, yet still frustrating is also when you try to build road to the city state. Your worker, which is non-military won't incur negative influence via trepassing. If they city state's units are blocking the only tiles which a road could be connected and sometimes they do not move that unit for quite a long time, you end up giving up. This is particularly so when the city state is on a narrow single line tile on peninsula. For this, they city state need to be aware of it's request for road, and if they detect a civ worker is close by, the city state should clear way for the road to be built. Better yet, there should be a function to communicate the road path to be build, and this would allow better coordination.

3. Trade Request -- Recent patches have made AI civ somewhat more proactive in trading for resources, particularly luxury. It would be good if it applied to strategic resource as well. It would be good, and if possible to create a memorandum of understanding for future trade. For example, you may indicate to the AI that by turn x that you'll you such resource to available for trade. And make a request for AI to reserve their luxury for trade in the future, should it suit them. On a tangent to this, if a civ is low on happiness, would it not be in their best interest to do at least a fair trade on luxury (e.g. one luxury for another), rather than taking into account of negative modifier which would result them in unhappiness (or soon to be) and thus face the harsh ill effects.

4. Notification icons (the ones that pop up at the lower right hand corner, usually at the start of each turn) - It needs to be change to reflect it more accurately. Currently, icons are too simplistic and same one use on many different type of events. You read a wall of text for each notification to understand what is actually required. It would be good to have one window which contains the event notification at the start of each turn, where it can be categorised, search and maybe rearranged into a planner. This would give a sense of goal orientation management and understanding.

Examples include:

- CS request matches their city state type (happy, religion, food etc) and request type (e.g. world wonder icon that matches it, instead of simplified diamond icon, which in some instead relates golden age in other context). But right now, all city state request simply pops up the one generic city state icon.

- Add a new notification when you are reaching low on happiness.

- Allow for creating notification reminder for yourself: On turn x do certain activity, for certain purpose. E.g. start building road to city state for satisfy the city state request.

There are other things that I would like to change. I'll see how these proposal goes.

Thanks Rob for moving my thread to the appropriate section area. I apologise for missing it.

Anyone know if there is a mod that enables you to force another Civ to change ideologies when negotiating for war? You know, like how a country might march into a dictatorship and change it to freedom? I feel like that would a nice gameplay element.

Is there a MOD that gives starting technology to civilizations like previous Civ versions had, such as Rome having Fishing and Mining at the start?

I don't think anyone has requested this yet, but if I am wrong, please let me know. Anyway, this is what I would like:

In real life, a civilization cannot possibly look ahead a hundred years or a thousand years and then decide in advance which techs to research in order to arrive at a certain endpoint. Every discovery or accomplishment may reveal unexpected advantages (or disadvantages) and often can lead in directions unseen beforehand. Thus it seems to me that Civs in our game should not be able to know for certain where their extended path of research could be taking them.

Proposed Mod:

• Instead of players being allowed to see the entire tech tree right from the start of the game, everything further than perhaps one or two stages beyond the tech currently being researched is hidden.

• In addition, the tech tree will have some variability from game to game, so that players can't simply memorize the tree or consult a reference to know what's coming.
Wouldn't this be a lot more like real life?

A mod that I want to see (even though one similar exists already) is a Civ IV style gameplay, mainly the diplomacy, the United Nations, random events, civics and other stuff, I love Civilization V as much as the next guy but I think that bring certain elements that made Civ IV unique into Civ V will be great.

Diplomacy: Adding the ability to trade maps, techs, vassalage

United Nations: what I liked about the UN in Civ IV is that you can vote on ending wars, returning
captured cities to their rightful owners and the common market

Random Events: I miss hearing that a hurricane hits coastlines, planes crashing, spies/generals
defecting and farmers find new spices, this will be cool to have these events
maybe more in the game

Civics: What I liked about the civics is they gave you a better knowledge of what your civ's political ideology is, like nationhood (nationalism), State property (Communism) etc... as well as completely adding new ones in

Other Stuff: other stuff I think should be in Civ V are corporations, ICBMs, SDI to defend against
nuclear attacks (obviously a information era building), Stealth Destroyers as well as
Mobile artillery (as I feel a change from the industrial era Artillery to the Rocket
Artillery is just not a good transition, adding a mobile artillery between will seem more
reasonable), another thing I think should be added is a transport helicopter like the
blackhawk or chinook to transport a ground unit further than they have to walk.
Two more things: Allow aircraft to destroy enemy improvements like mines, oil wells,
and farms etc... and also allow the ability to place nuclear weapons and aircraft into
ally cities (if you have an open border and Defensive Pact with the state you are
friends with)

I'm sorry if this is alot but it's an idea...... Oh one more thing, I'm sorry: Revolution: your cities can revolt against your civ if you do not give them what they request after certain turns, your cities can request to become either cities of another state (has to be neighbouring civ or city state) or they can become an independent city state, so these changes to the game change it from war based to more diplomatic and humanitarian based.

Economy should be more improved as you could have no gold and still your country is thriving in everything else but your GPT is -20, I feel there should be penalties such as other civs will refuse to trade with you because you could affect their economy, loss of GPT will result in civil war where many of your military units become rebel forces as well as a chance of losing cities until the GPT is above 1.

I agree that they should bring back random events and the UN. I thought they were both a nice touch. I wouldn't mind seeing an effective return for the espionage concept as well.

But what I really, REALLY think Civ needs is AI with a better grip on their position in the world. I've been playing Civilization games since they first came out when I was a wee tyrant only five years old, (for real - Amiga A1200 for the win!) including Alpha Centauri and Colonization, but this has always been a bit of a problem.

Basically, I'm tired of sitting on the throne of the world's greatest, strongest, most advanced and only superpower and then having some relative caveman on the other side of the world declare war on me because I refused to share the 'secret' of paper then sending a canoe of their bravest mud-chuckers to battle my boom-boom sticks.

Okay, so that's kind of an extreme example, but honestly the AI seems to base it's diplomacy on 80% whether they like you and 20% whether they should fear you, but really I think this should be the other way round. ;-)

Second time requesting this.

I want leaders gone. I hate their faces, their voices, their existence. Most of all I hate seeing Washington rolling that damn globus in the age before invention of wheel. I hate them with every fiber of my body.

Their existence hinders badly my enjoyment and meta gaming with this game lately.

I want to play as the empire of Germany, not as Bismarck. I want to wage war against Russia, not Catherine. I want them to be represented as countries (kingdoms, empires etc.), as nations.

. . .

Nutty made a mod for me, but it wasn't finished. He replaced leader screens with maps of civs (default maps and sukritact's Civ Accurate Maps), removed diplomacy voices, and replaced greeting texts etc. with more generic, empire specific, not mentioning the leader. Removed leaders from DoM screen, just the map there and removed DoM text (Here could be the first paragraph from civilopedia for each civ instead). Replaced leader icons with civ icons, which meant 2 same icons.

Now the problems were that there were still two names about each civ, so simply renaming/removing leader names resulted in "Lord Iroquois of Iroquois" kind of titles showing in diplo screens and some other places like: "Turn 51, Lord America of America", civs being named "America - America" with two same icons etc.

I would so appreciate if someone could help with this, I'll send you a postcard and a cookie from Finland!

Second time requesting this.

I want leaders gone. I hate their faces, their voices, their existence. Most of all I hate seeing Washington rolling that damn globus in the age before invention of wheel. I hate them with every fiber of my body.

Their existence hinders badly my enjoyment and meta gaming with this game lately.

I want to play as the empire of Germany, not as Bismarck. I want to wage war against Russia, not Catherine. I want them to be represented as countries (kingdoms, empires etc.), as nations.

. . .

Nutty made a mod for me, but it wasn't finished. He replaced leader screens with maps of civs (default maps and sukritact's Civ Accurate Maps), removed diplomacy voices, and replaced greeting texts etc. with more generic, empire specific, not mentioning the leader. Removed leaders from DoM screen, just the map there and removed DoM text (Here could be the first paragraph from civilopedia for each civ instead). Replaced leader icons with civ icons, which meant 2 same icons.

Now the problems were that there were still two names about each civ, so simply renaming/removing leader names resulted in "Lord Iroquois of Iroquois" kind of titles showing in diplo screens and some other places like: "Turn 51, Lord America of America", civs being named "America - America" with two same icons etc.

I would so appreciate if someone could help with this, I'll send you a postcard and a cookie from Finland!

Postcard and cookie from Finland sound tempting; I'm genuinely interested in doing this as well. Please could you send me what Nutty's done so far? I'll do what I can from there. Also, with regards to Policy titles, would it be a good idea to have something like "The Kingdom of Russia" for Tradition, "The Republic of Sweden" for Liberty, "The English Empire" (or something) for Honour, etc?

Postcard and cookie from Finland sound tempting; I'm genuinely interested in doing this as well. Please could you send me what Nutty's done so far? I'll do what I can from there. Also, with regards to Policy titles, would it be a good idea to have something like "The Kingdom of Russia" for Tradition, "The Republic of Sweden" for Liberty, "The English Empire" (or something) for Honour, etc?

Yes, that would be great, thanks! Simply "The Republic of Sweden" etc. is ideal. BTW I have all expansions and DLC, all civs in other words. :)

Nutty gave a link to the thread, there is a download file as well as list of changes.

Thank you once more for what you did so far. :)

Not sure if this mod exists yet, tried out few but doesnt work out though. Please direct me to the one that works if there is one :D :mischief:

Anw, this is what I suggest:

Since i am having trouble finding the useful pop-ups in late-game, and by late game i mean where numbers of city hav been built. There are way too many pop-ups regard [xxx city has grown!]:mad: and [xxx loves the king!]:mad: and it seems rather pointless than what it suppose to be an useful sign.

wish if there is a mod to limit these type of popups. for example:
1. Merge these popups into 1 single popup, when move the cursor over, details will be showing the cities that are affected. This way we could keep the screen tidy and away from tons of to-be-closed popups, and the information we need to be aware of could be easily located.
2. or, it could be just an game option to disable these popups:crazyeye:

Hope somebody would help me out of this:goodjob:

A mod I'd like to see, based on this discussion: give the creative Great People in BNW tneir own landmarks to build. (I suggest Concert Halls for the Musician, Galleries for the Artist, and Publishing Houses for the Writer.) If this can be done, I'd love to playtest the reeult. Thank you!

Is there a thread specifically for DLL requests? I'd like to have just the few hacks I need for a modpack project, although I know that only a few people could do it.

Is there a mod that brings back the old trading posts? I know most people hated them, but I liked the town-ish look of them.

Is there a thread specifically for DLL requests? I'd like to have just the few hacks I need for a modpack project, although I know that only a few people could do it.
There's the C++/Lua Request Thread stickied in the SDK/LUA subforum.

Top Bottom