Resource icon

History in the Making II: Brave New World Edition 2016-10-05

Civ V mods don't include pages and pages of source code edits, so they stay very small.

If you're asking what I think you're asking, then the best way would be to go into Modbuddy and create a mod for it.
I tried a different appraoch and added CIVILIZATION_DUTCH in your CIV5Civilizations.xml. It seems to work well :), I tested it by adding Flight. I could construct an airport i.e..

I dont know if someone has told you this already but with more people pointing it out you may pay attention to it. It does not seem to be compatible with the R.E.D. MOD, I know it should not be an issue but I kinda like seeing large armies at smaller scale, activating it does not work.

Another thing: A civilization that starts surrounded by jungle its at a disadvantage because now they need to get bronze working to remove them, and now its a classical era tech.

Overall I love this mod, I played just to test it and got hooked and almost miss work. thank you so much.

I dont know if someone has told you this already but with more people pointing it out you may pay attention to it. It does not seem to be compatible with the R.E.D. MOD, I know it should not be an issue but I kinda like seeing large armies at smaller scale, activating it does not work.

Another thing: A civilization that starts surrounded by jungle its at a disadvantage because now they need to get bronze working to remove them, and now its a classical era tech.

Overall I love this mod, I played just to test it and got hooked and almost miss work. thank you so much.
Wasn't that always a disadvantage right in Civ4? I recall you had to spend some considerable time before Bronze Working then too.

Just read about this, and starting to download it. The one thing that I'm confused by is that it says total download size 1mb. Can that be right!?

I remember all the larger mods in Civ IV for several hundred mb.

Right now HiTM2 is mostly XML, so it will be pretty small in size. As I add things like unit and building graphics (eventually) it will grow in size.

Yeah, I'm playing a game right now with my capital surrounded by Jungle. It's a slow start, but once I get my first Settler, there is a nice little plot a few tiles away that will develop a city nicely. Jungles are supposed to be forboding, so they are not as productive, although they do have nice resources inside them at times (gems, banana, etc). I went back to the Civ IV jungles, because in that game the AI would avoid jungles (unless there were resources in them). Otherwise, anybody can set up a city inside a jungle, and it would grow and prosper no differently then say a city in a forest. Just didn't seem right to me.

(And Bronze Working is still an Ancient Era tech). ;)

I'm experiencing crashing issues. it may be because I'm trying to combine:

-Extended Era Mod (V3)
-Green and Red Aztec (mexico + Green, my 2 favorite things)
-infoadict (v10)
-Reduzed Maintenance (V3)
-Remove Road maintenance (V3)
- Scout and Worker start (Mah 2nd Favorite)
- Scouting for boys (V2)

I would also be using R.E.D. modpack (v8) but since it was not working with History in the making I was not using it when I crashed twice, once in-game the second before starting a new game (not using advanced setup).

I'll try playing without some of these and see what happens next.

I haven't looked at the guts of the RED Modpack, but I'm assuming it isn't compatable with HiTM2 because it modifies civ5artdefines_unitmembers.xml and civ5artdefines_units.xml.

Other mods that modify gameplay elements will most likely not be compatible, either. That is why (for now) I do not suggest playing HiTM2 with mods that alter existing elements in the game.

Hi Grave!

First, let's drink a toast to the Steelers. "To a good season":beer:

Great to see you back at modding again. I was just about to throw in the towel on V, because while it was finally starting to feel like a finished game with the last patch, it was also feeling like there was only one way to play, and that it was a departure from the series( it has become a wargame that is about "Not building" rather than "what to build next"/ "building a civ to stand the test of time") . I'm glad I noticed HITM II.

HITM II doesn't feel that way at all. Wonders & techs feel like contests again. I'm going for Notre Dame on epic and haven't fought a war yet ( I will, but it will be on my terms ).
No glitches yet.

I'll offer some suggestions after I've got a better feel of it from playing a few games, but I think you're on the right track.:goodjob:

I'm experiencing crashing issues as well. I've attached a save file, at the end of this turn the game always crashes. It's a bit frustrating, as the tide finally turned in a war I've been in with the Songhai for the last 50-60 turns.

Any help on being able to solve the crash would be appreciated. As far as my system specs I've attached them below:

Processor: i7 920 2.67
RAM: 12gb
Video Card: Ati Radeon HD 5800

Attachments

• crashing game.Civ5Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 49
Ok, extended era mod sucks and I haven't been able to start a game with it so I deleted it.

I wondered if I would experience crashing with the mod alone so I decided to disable everything else and began playing with this mod only in a random setup on a small map with 4 players. I started with america in a continent of my own with a CS sharing the space, I was playing on quick pace so obviously I advanced quickly but even then I was racing through the game and managed to complete 14 wonders before the 1800's.
I would have continued playing but the game did crashed on me shortly after researching electricity.

Seems it needs a little more polishing.

i noticed 2 small issues after playing a bit.

the first is with the city states. i had a couple ask me to build a road to them so i did but they did not acknowledge it and are still wanting it done.

second one is when i got metalworking. on the tech tree it says you can build workshop and forge but after getting it i can only build the workshop.

otherwise things going good, well except for the dang iron shortage :p

i noticed 2 small issues after playing a bit.

the first is with the city states. i had a couple ask me to build a road to them so i did but they did not acknowledge it and are still wanting it done.

second one is when i got metalworking. on the tech tree it says you can build workshop and forge but after getting it i can only build the workshop.

otherwise things going good, well except for the dang iron shortage :p

1. CS road quest: This is a vanilla bug, present since the december patch, iirc.

2. Forge: You mentioned an iron shortage - you can only build the forge in a city near iron.

So (happily) neither issue has anything to do with the mod.;)

Yes, the CS road bug is known and will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

As for crashing, there are countless players who experience this regardless of high-end or low-end systems, so I highly doubt it has anything to do with this mod. That's down to Firaxis to fix the bad coding in the core game.

Yes, the CS road bug is known and will hopefully be fixed in the next patch.

As for crashing, there are countless players who experience this regardless of high-end or low-end systems, so I highly doubt it has anything to do with this mod. That's down to Firaxis to fix the bad coding in the core game.

It certainly could be Firaxis. It also could be this mod. I'm one of the lucky few who has played several hundred hours of Civ V without a crash. In fact, the first crash I experienced was with the save file I attached a few posts earlier when this mod was enabled.

Either way, to the developer of this mod: Thank you, I've really enjoyed it and I hope you keep working on it.

It certainly could be Firaxis. It also could be this mod. I'm one of the lucky few who has played several hundred hours of Civ V without a crash. In fact, the first crash I experienced was with the save file I attached a few posts earlier when this mod was enabled.

Still, all these crashes on a game that was designed to be modded, seems unusual.

Well, that can be a problem arising from Civ5's engine or from poor modding. I cannot recall Firaxis claiming to make a more stable modders game btw, I do recall striving for a more moddable game.

Anyhow, let's go back on topic: Grave, I tried your mod. And I like it sofar. Speed (epic) seems to be fine with the map size (huge). And I like the challenge of settling your cities in the beginning: you have no idea where resources all :).

For sure its the mod.

I played V.1 then i download V.2 and V.3 Those are not stable when you research fishing you get 2 science windows after that it disappears.
Game also crashes and sometimes a save game wont load.
I wnet back to playing V.1 and it works flawless i was able to finish a game with 16 civs 28 states with huge map No problems.

V.1 works all other do not.
Please Mr. Grave fix the other versions.
Your mod is so much fun.

Bean do you have all 3 versions installed? If so, that could be the problem

Top Bottom