Stupid puppets, build a boat already!

Smokeybear

Emperor
Dunno how many times now I've watched a coastal puppet grind away forever making lighthouses, harbors, and seaports... without bothering to do the key act of building and putting a workboat onto the resource(s), ever. Even seen them build all that stuff when there are NO workable resources within 15 tiles of them. :rolleyes:

Come on, Firaxis... really? Patch 'em up, thx.

As far as I know, puppets never build units of any kind. YOu need to provide a work boat from a different city.

As far as I know, puppets never build units of any kind. YOu need to provide a work boat from a different city.

Tough to do when you have none that aren't puppets, or its water access is blocked off by ice/geography. They need to make an exception for this situation, or at least tell them not to make all that useless water-focused crap if there aren't any boated-up resources that will ever be in work range.

Tough to do when you have none that aren't puppets, or its water access is blocked off by ice/geography. They need to make an exception for this situation, or at least tell them not to make all that useless water-focused crap if there aren't any boated-up resources that will ever be in work range.

Actually most of the benefit from bonus sea resources is from the lighthouse; very little is from the work boat.

Well, they`re puppets - they do what they think best. Occupy them over if you want to directly get them to do what you want.

Well, they`re puppets - they do what they think best. Occupy them over if you want to directly get them to do what you want.

Yeah, yeah, I know ;) Just seems awfully wasteful to have to mess up your plans and annex a city needlessly just to make it build a @#$% boat when it should be automated. Accessible sea resource = automatically build boat. Not rocket science.

Would be nice if we can buy units in puppet cities though Realistically I don't think it matters if the puppet decides what to build. The civilization who own the puppet got the right to buy stuff in that city, see it as a donation. Might make puppets too powerful tho, lol.

That's the drawback to puppeting, all right. All units -- including the Workers to improve their tiles -- have to come from cities you control.

The most annoying thing is the refusal of puppets on other continents to build harbours. Ever. Just so infuriating that I'm missing out on 20+ gold a turn due to one stupid puppet.

The most annoying thing is the refusal of puppets on other continents to build harbours. Ever. Just so infuriating that I'm missing out on 20+ gold a turn due to one stupid puppet.

Oh, they'll build one, all right... in the year 2015, just before the game ends, once they have nothing else left to build.

Top Bottom