Afraid( civ's feeling towards me)

Mike III

King Mike III
A civ is afraid. How?

If they think that they would get blown up by you if you decided to breathe in their direction. Try demanding stuff from them and see if you get it (gonna get a huge diplo hit though).

I don't think I've read indepth regarding this game mechanic. It's often pretty random - can occur even if you have a weaker military strength.

Afraid simply a signal that means you can make demands of them. It seems to be triggered by that civ having their military wiped out. Some civs seem predisposed towards being Afraid. I've noticed that Korea becomes Afraid sometimes in the early game. I think in those instances that their first warrior got killed by barbs.

Afraid simply a signal that means you can make demands of them. It seems to be triggered by that civ having their military wiped out. Some civs seem predisposed towards being Afraid. I've noticed that Korea becomes Afraid sometimes in the early game. I think in those instances that their first warrior got killed by barbs.

Korea, Austrians, and oddly enough Aztecs are the ones that I have see m "Afraid" the most.

Being aggressive in the early game helps.

DOW in extremely unexpected manners. Take stuff from peoples around you. Win big.

Some of the more... weak-hearted personalities like Maria Theresa will then be frightened by you.

Agreed with the above- Maria Theresa gets afraid pretty darn easily. She got afraid of me in one game when I was doing the OCC and had maybe 3 units. She attacked me, I destroyed her, and BAM "Afraid". She's one of the only civs I routinely see afraid.

Yeah, afraid seems to be a flavor variation based upon your aggression (battles certainly count, as does military size, but I've also seen afraid as a response to rapid early expansion.)

And yes, Austria seems to be one of the most perpetually afraid ones I've seen as well, though Ethiopia seems to not be far behind (guess he doesn't realize he has that UA to help him ;))

Afraid usually only happens in the first 40 or 50 turns. I've checked the AI flavors, and the leader most likely to be afraid is...

Montezuma and Maria Theresa - Tie

Followed by Haile Selassie, Ramesses, Pacal, and Darius with another tie.

Least likely to be afraid? Napoleon and Oda Nobunaga. If you get them afraid, you're scary as gently caress.

Top Bottom