Countdown to Brave New World Pack

I can't wait to play at midnight...I'll have to make sure I catch a nap at some point today. :D

It doesn't. Tried that on another PC which didn't get the update. It's thought that we shouldn't have got the files in the first place and the download of them was halted as soon as Steam realised. On this, my main PC, I had Steam open and ready to update on 2nd July ready to receive the files - and got the extra files. TBH, apart from browsing them for clues and maybe a 10 minutes start when it goes live, it's not made that much of a difference.

10 minutes? It will take at least an hour to dl on my connection.:/

Oh god the misery! 3 days and 10 hours! This wait...is consuming my soul! Let me play one final game of Gods and Kings in which i will then go into Cold Turkey and await the glorious sunshine of a Brave New World!

Aussies are getting it 8 hours earlier than that.

I'd say the unlock times are based on region/timezone. We're getting it at midnight local time. :D

Oh, that's pretty good!

Does anyone know if it is staggered for the small differences in timezones across Europe? The link I gave was according to the release time indicated on the BNW page on Steam (I'm in the UK). I was assuming Steam would do what they've done in the past and lump everyone not in North America into the GMT release time.

But I do remember that the last game I pre-ordered I had to wait several hours into the day because it was randomly decided to unlock globally after midnight PDT. :cry:

But nice to see they're not just lumping everyone into the same zone for Civ!

Really annoying that it's being released so late outside North America. Typical Yankee racism. Moderator Action: Don't troll around like this.

Really annoying that it's being released so late outside North America. Typical Yankee racism.

Right, because we're racist against Europeans. :hmm:

From what I understand it's Europe's brick and mortar stores causing the problem, not some kind of American conspiracy.

Moderator Action: Report the post, do not answer it. It only feeds the troll.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Right, because we're racist against Europeans. :hmm:
Actually [off topic] you are. We didn't miss Rick Santorum telling lies about us intentionally killing elderly people, that actually made the headlines in all newspapers. Or Fox news telling lies about the state of our country.

Edit: I'll also just leave it at that, before the topic derails.

Moderator Action: Please keep the political junk out of the game forums. If you have an issue with a post, report it, do NOT answer it.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

"I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."

Still ... even given the onions you should be safe, but it's a matter of principle!

—HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
—You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

This is like punching someone and then saying "I won't punch you"
Yeah it wasn't smooth:mischief: afterwards I figured it to be a reply that could create some debate which could kill the topic. So yeah I'll just leave it at that even if others reply to it.

Ontopic again? So the whole worlds unlocks BNW on the exact same moment or are there different regions?

Top Bottom