Possibility of static Animal resources......

Horem

Emperor
Due to animated resources been off limits at the moment, I decided to see if there was a possibility of adding them by other means. These are the initial results(Its a Goat btw):-
Spoiler :

Doesn't look overly nice with the spice shadows,which are unchangeable. Same issue as animated resources, the dds file locations in the gr2's are inaccessible by the current tools. The only way I have found at the moment to remove the shadows is to replace the referenced dds for shadows, for a blank one:-

Spoiler :

Looks better :)
Main issue I have with this, any resource that required a shadow from said file loses it(8 I think, mostly plantation resources). Attached the files below for anyone that's interested in having a play around. (And yes I know its a plantation graphic again)

Attachments

• Goats.jpg
    Goats.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 265
  • goats_shadowless.jpg
    goats_shadowless.jpg
    284.3 KB · Views: 221
  • HoremsGoat.rar
    391.6 KB · Views: 24
Nice effort. Any chance to have camel also ... (Arabian civilization's unique mounted unit is a camel and uses horse resource...) Personally i do not mind the graphics.

Assuming most players have shadows activated and don't use alpaca's CameraRotation mod (or my variations), and since building shaders allow alpha, what does adding a translucent shadow (that approximates the direction and alpha of the game's shadows) to your goat texture look like? It certainly might look weird if the goats are on a hill (or are southeast of a hill)...

Assuming most players have shadows activated and don't use alpaca's CameraRotation mod (or my variations), and since building shaders allow alpha, what does adding a translucent shadow (that approximates the direction and alpha of the game's shadows) to your goat texture look like? It certainly might look weird if the goats are on a hill (or are southeast of a hill)...

Sorry, no clue what most of that means, I am a noob at this :), I am still struggling to even get to grips with blender.

EDIT

I can make a new shadow.dds and edit the fsxml to point at it, just no clue how to hook it up to the gr2. I can see where in the granny viewer:- Material List/Detailed View, Maps, Map, Texture. All 3 Maps(Base, Height, Spec) point at the same dds, all vanilla plant resources do, no idea how it defines which to use however.

This doesn't involve Blender at all. I was thinking it would just be a drop shadow that you would apply to your diffuse texture.

Looking at the .gr2's, there seems to be Standard_11 material defined in some OTHER .gr2 somewhere...

Hi Horem, I tried your goat resource in the mod i'm building.
I like it, it's okay to have static animals but the "goats plantation" it's really weird...

Thank you anyway and keep up the good work!

Top Bottom