Possible to mod AI choice of policies?

White Out

Prince
I've been playing with the social policies for hours and I can't seem to get the AI to stop being so in love with Piety and Liberty. I've tried adjusting leader flavors, the policy flavors, everything!

What am I missing? Help!

ah finally found the right thing to do was to just change the expansion and growth flavours a bit for some civs to make them take tradition... and WAY lower the piety. lots of work tho :(

Most policies have multiple flavors associated with them. Pull up the big chart that has the flavors of each leader, and compare the higher flavors of each leader with the flavors of each policy. Adjust the flavors for the policies as needed. Keep in mind that there is an element of randomness in the AI's choice of policy (based on, essentially, a dice roll) – flavors add weight to certain rolls of the dice, but they don't guarantee a civ will choose one over the other. You might also try adding new flavors to each policy (for example, if the AI likes religion, you could add flavors for religion to Tradition or Liberty by copying some of the existing XML and modifying the flavor type).

G

I found when I did that gazebo it wasn't having the effect I wanted. Basically I was wanting to cut down on the civs taking piety as I see it being very weak compared to tradition and liberty.

For Piety taking civs I only left religion above 1 if the civ was a naturally aligned religious Civ, such as Boudica and Theodora, or even Ramses as he was kind of considered a god himself. Then I went leader by and leader and just decided what made sense for them. For Dandalo I made his expansion 1 and his growth 9, same as Ghandi, because it plays into their civs strength. Without play testing I cant say for sure how this will translate but any AI reduction in taking Piety is fine by me really

The AI really wants to open Piety - it is the only policy with a dedicated economic strategy - ECONOMICAISTRATEGY_STARTED_PIETY

You may need to use Lua to stop certain types of AI from using the strategy via the EconomicStrategyCanActivate(iStrategy, iPlayer) event

The AI really wants to open Piety - it is the only policy with a dedicated economic strategy - ECONOMICAISTRATEGY_STARTED_PIETY

You may need to use Lua to stop certain types of AI from using the strategy via the EconomicStrategyCanActivate(iStrategy, iPlayer) event

Or just turn down the FLAVOR_RELIGION tied to that economic strategy. It is quite high (60) if I recall correctly.
G

The flavour value affects ALL civs, if you want finer grain, per-civ, control, you'll need to use Lua and some custom logic

The flavour value affects ALL civs, if you want finer grain, per-civ, control, you'll need to use Lua and some custom logic

Indeed. I was thinking he might want to reduce piety use globally, based on his previous comments. Either way, let us know if you get stuck.

Top Bottom