Dutch Royal Baby on the way!!

willemvanoranje

Curitibano
This morning the news was spread: princess Maxima was taken to the hospital this morning to get her baby! No one knows yet if it's a he or a she, but soon prince and future king Willem-Alexander will come with a statement (after the baby is out of course ;))

Sorry, I couldn't find a English newspage about it yet. It's pretty fresh news, so...

Dutch:
http://www.nieuws.nl/news/NEWS/article.php?cat_id=4&article_id=16972

I'll translate it later on...

Baby prinses Máxima is op komst 07-12-2003

Prinses Máxima is zondagochtend om 09.10 uur in het Bronovo-ziekenhuis in Den Haag opgenomen om daar te bevallen van haar eerste kind. Dat heeft de Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (RVD) laten weten. Op 18 juni werd bekend dat de prinses zwanger was van prins Willem-Alexander. Toen werd nog gemeld dat de baby medio januari zou worden geboren.

De prinses zal naar verwachting zondag nog bevallen. Ook haar man, prins Willem-Alexander is in het ziekenhuis aanwezig, aldus het NOS-Journaal. Als de geboorte een feit is, zal de RVD dit via een officieel communiqué naar buiten brengen. Direct daarna zullen in Den Haag, Den Helder, op Curaçao en Aruba 101 saluutschoten gelost worden. Alleen wanneer de baby na 22.00 uur geboren wordt, wordt het lossen van de schoten verplaatst naar de volgende ochtend 07.00 uur.

Na de officiële bekendmaking van de geboorte zal de Nederlandse vlag met oranje wimpel tot zonsondergang worden gevoerd. Komt de baby na 16.00 uur ter wereld, dan zal ook de dag erna nog worden gevlagd.

Máxima en Willem-Alexander verloofden zich op 30 maart 2001. Minder dan een jaar later, op 2 februari 2002, trouwde het paar in Amsterdam. Na het huwelijk woonden zij tijdelijk op Noordeinde 66 in Den Haag. In juli dit jaar verhuisde het echtpaar naar landgoed De Horsten in Wassenaar.

Prinses Máxima werd op 17 mei 1971 geboren in het Argentijnse Buenos Aires. Zij is de vierde dochter van Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta en de eerste dochter van Maria del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta. Prins Willem-Alexander zag op 27 april 1967 het eerste levenslicht. Hij is de oudste zoon van koningin Beatrix en prins Claus, die vorig jaar oktober overleed.

QUICK TRANSLATION:

Baby princess Máxima is coming 7-12-2003

Sunday morning princess Máxima has been taken to the Bronovo-hospital in The Hague at 9.10am to give birth to her first child. That's what the governmental information service told the press. On june 18th this year it became known that Máxima was pregnant with Willem-Alexander's baby. Then they said the baby would be born halfway january

The princess is expected to give birth to the child this sunday. Her husband, prince Willem-Alexander, is present in the hospital as well, according to the NOS news. When the child is born the governmental information service will bring out an oficial press-statement. Directly after this 10 salutation shots will be fired in The Hague, Den Helder, on Curaçao and Aruba. Only if the baby is born after 10pm the shots will be replaced to 7am the next morning.

After the oficial announcement of the birth of the baby the Dutch flag shall be waving with the extra orange pennant untill dusk. If the baby is born after 4pm, the pennant will be there the next day as well.

Máxima and Willem-Alexander got engaged on March 30th 2001. Less than a year later, on february 2nd 2002 (02-02-02) the couple married in Amsterdam. After the marriage they temporary lived on Noordeinde 66 in The Hague. In july of this year they moved to De Horsten in Wassenaar.

Princess Máxima was born on may 17th in the Argentinan city of Buenos Aires. She's the fourth daughter of Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta and the first of Matia del Carmen Cerruti de Zorreguieta. Prince Willem-Alexander saw lifelight on april 27th 1967. He's queen Beatrix' and prince Claus', who passed away last year october, oldest son.

Best wishes to the royal pair, and may they be relieved of their function as soon as possible.

Long live the republic !

Originally posted by jack merchant
Best wishes to the royal pair, and may they be relieved of their function as soon as possible.

Long live the republic !

It is a better idea, when nasty republicans emigrate!

Congrats to the couple. I don't like monarch much, like Jack, but I surely wish them the best as parents.

Huzzah and Hurrah with highly polished brass knobs on!

yes yes, very true!!!!! It's a princess!

She was born 17.01, and they made it public about 15 minutes later. I heard it live on the radio. :D (who's your source Stapel :p) There's no name known yet, but in short time there will be a press conference in the chapel of the hospital, with the baby there as well. Willem-Alexander was already quoted: "It's a cloud* of a baby and I'm very happy."

* that's a Dutch expression, it's positive ;)

Lights! Amplify the 'ping' machine. [ping] Masks up! Suction! Eyes down for a full house! Here it comes! And... frighten it! Thank you. [whack]
And the rough towels! Show it to the mother...that's enough. Right! Sedate her! Number the child. Measure it, blood type it, and ISOLATE it!

Call it my rudimentary knowledge of biology and physiology, but I didn't know girls had a weapon.

Well, congratulations !

Top Bottom