MOO2Civ

How come I can't build any more buildings on any of my planets and when I start a new system there are already buildings there? I even had one building in production and it said I cannot make any more. Its been 30 turns And I cannot build anything wtf?

:confused:Well, that's a new one... Are you sure everything is installed correctly? MOO2Civ + Patch3 as per the instructions?

what am I doing wrong...when I follow the instructions and unzip the program into the Moo2 file and try to load the mod I keep getting FF instaed of the new program...please help

If FF gets loaded MOO2Civ is not installed correctly.

1. copy FF mod inside the Mods folder (rename this "Copy of FF" to "MOO2Civ").

2. unzip MOO2Civ mod into the MOO2Civ folder (let existing files be overwritten).

PLEASE NOTE that unzipping MOO2Civ may create a sub-folder named MOO2Civ inside the already created MOO2Civ-folder (like this: Mods/MOO2Civ/MOO2Civ); if so, select all files in this MOO2Civ/MOO2Civ sub-folder and paste into the main Mods/MOO2Civ folder (the MOO2Civ/MOO2Civ sub-folder may be deleted as it's now empty).

3. install Patch3 (unzip Patch3 into the MOO2Civ folder, overwriting the files in the sub-folders as indicated).

In future a MOO2Civ1Beta will be released, but patches up til now have been relatively small and have been included in each next patch. So in the meantime files have to be installed carefully, sorry.

Hope I have sufficiently clarified installation.

Have you managed to solve the "quotes" problem? I saw you mentioned it in the Star Trek thread.
The tag of the quote is "<Quote>TXT_KEY_TECH_QUOTE_30</Quote>" in CIV4TechInfos.xml file.
These quotes are determined in the file FinalFrontierTextInfosPedia.xml.

Thx, Deon! (I was asking this precise thing on the Star Trek Previe thread, cause I knew deanej had removed all FF Civpedia texts with "need quote"). I've been trying to remove the FF references in the Intro text, so if all goes well I'll be uploading Patch4 tomorrow or the day after.

The Welcome to Final Frontier screens. (And not yet, but I want to include it in te upcomg patch.)

Finally got the scout ship finished and made a basic starfighter.

First pic has the scout with starfighter hovering around next door. Second pic is the fighter alone.

I'll most likely make more at some point.

Also, the scale in FF is too small so I think 2x or more would be cooler. :)

Great!:goodjob:

About ship size: considering the setting (stars, planets, black holes, etc.) ship size isn't that small, but compared to regular civ, you're right ofcourse.

Deon posted a pretty accurate ship scale overview:

Scouts would indeed be Tiny to begin with, but can be upgraded to Small (promotions I-V, I believe), i.e. from Frigate to Corvette.

The Starfighter prototype (looking promising, BTW!) would be Destroyer class, although Fighters and Bombers can be launched from Starbases or bigger ships (like Cruisers & Battleships) and are still relatively small. (So the Starfighter would be a Destroyer in MOO2Civ terms.)

So the size you're using now is pretty accurate, but if you'd want to do a Cruiser (or bigger) type ship, feel free to increase size as you see fit.

Anyway: thx!:)

PS: Now I've got to figure out how to include the Scout... would be nice to have it in the next patch!

Should the MOO2Civ mod contain both the MOO2Civ Config Settings and FF Config settings? As after I set it up both these Configs exist in the main folder.

JosEPh

Intro? Which one?
And have you already implemented the story of the beginning? There should be some backstory why do we start with nothing and without any techs known =).

Got the Dawn of Man text in. Now I have some reading up to do on how to get woodelf's ships in-game, to see how they actually look. Plus I don't have the LHs in yet. (Also, after the Intro edit error I can't seem to locate the Intro text...)

Wow, I tried them. They are a bit "cartoonish" but cool, thank you woodelf!
Also about "cartoonish", maybe it's just my own psychological fault, because I can't clearly explain why do I think so. So nevermind. They are great.

Thx, I will!:)

@Deon: You tried them already? I've only downloaded them. (Could use some help getting them to work in-game.)

Wow, I tried them. They are a bit "cartoonish" but cool, thank you woodelf!
Also about "cartoonish", maybe it's just my own psychological fault, because I can't clearly explain why do I think so. So nevermind. They are great.

Yeah, 2d and pixelated to high detail and 3d isn't an easy transition.

If you have even better pics that the pcx file JEELEN uploaded let me know. I'm merely taking a general shape and trying to make it feel MoO-ish.

Well actually all we can hava is a top-down view from the game.
There're some ships on the wallpapers/posters/other pics, but they are rare.
The only nice ships I could find were from the MOO3 =(.

Top Bottom