Fairy Tale

The Song of Roland is perfect, I think also. I could look into the Viking writings; like the Islandic stories and do some of the Viking units. I watched a documentary last night about the RL Vikings that stated that the Norse explorers might have gone as far south when they got to America as where New York is situated today! That was quite interesting, and the film was full of good quotes from the Islandic Sagas.

Your first unit descriptions are pasted in the latest version of the mod.

Yeah! The Hellbeast belongs to the Collective now.

Version 6

In the land of the Savage West, where the sky burns red from the torment of souls and where the drums of war beat night and day, the mighty horror of Zuur is once again arising. Ripe for plunder, ripe for destruction, the East shakes and trembles at the name of Charzana, the daughter of darkness, the princess of Hell. "Hear!" she shouts from her Demon Hive. "Hear me, lands in the East! The Demon's daughter has come to oversee your downfall!" In the lands of the Savage West, the princess of Hell is preparing, watching, planning. "Hear, O nobles of the East, take heed! The time for revenge has come; the time for darkness, the time for destruction, pillage and tears. The Age of Iron and fire has begun, and the daughter of Hell leads the march!"

Charzana of Zuur, the princess of Evil, is said to be the daughter of the Demon King. She was raised by the Demon from the pits of Hell to lead the destruction of the world. In the updated scenario you will be able to play her and her nation as it conspires to bring the destruction of the Known World and conquer and destroy all that is pure, all that is enlightened Civilization. Now you can bring the Demon King's destruction upon the Known World and force the fall of the Empire!

Fairy Tale has been updated to Version 6. This is a major update of the mod that has a lot of new cosmetic changes (such as loading screens, buttons and loading hints), but also several new units and buildings. One new feature is that you can now play the Dark Side in the Great War between The Empire and the Demon King as well! Check that out in the Imperial Scenario.

Fairy Tale V6 is now counting 124 MB in zipped format. Compare that to the 27 MB Fairy Tale Version 1 spanned back in February! Work is indeed progressing, and you can help out too; by submitting comments, suggestions, checking and playtesting the updates and also by voting for Fairy Tale right here on ModDB. The voting function is found on the main page in the right column!

Download

Changelog

V6 Update, May 13, 2010

*Added a new Great General for Crystallin and Erezon. The model is by SaibotLieh.
*The Flag design is now the same for all eras. No more ugly hanging, ancient flag here. No, siree.
*Changed the Loading Screen from the Vanilla.
*Created some mod specific Loading Hints. Also wrote some of the Civilopedia. Some of the leaders are now done, and all of the Fairy Tale nations.
*Started writing the Fairy Tales. All hero descriptions will include small Fairy Tales. The first one can be read in the Hellbeast Civilopedia entry.
*Ajidica has written some unit descriptions that can now be read in the Civilopedia.
*Changed Leaderheads for an Arcana leader as well as the Dead leader.
*The vanilla Aqueduct didn't fit. Changed it to the Tavern. Its functions are still the same. Further, the Barracks were renamed "Warriors' Guild".
*Changed the look of the Fort Improvement to a proper castle.
*The vanilla Grocer was renamed "Merchant" and the terrible building updated to a better one.
*Added the World Wonder Seadragon's Lair where you can train the powerful Seadragon unit, which functions as regular dragons but is stronger and has no bad effects when fighting at sea.
*Heightened the Pirates' combat value to 6. It was crappy for some reason and couldn't even blow stupid Caravels out of the water.
*The Protective Trait now gives a 25% Espionage bonus.
*Enabled Civic The Senate from Tech The Empire.
*Imperial Watch Base military production bonus heightened to 75%
*Game speed modifications done. Great People birth rate turned down, and City Growth turned down a tiny tad too.
*All Warrior models were changed (except Crystallin). Good bye club-wielding naked men, and hello bloodthirsty, barbaric-looking axefighters!
*Changed between the models of the Galley and the Viking Longboat due to the wrong-looking sails for a Longboat.
*At Tech Cavalry Tactics, you can now train the Giant Black Scorpion at the Beast Farm.
*Did some new Tech Buttons for most techs. Just a few vanilla now.
*Gave Charzana of Zuur trait Aggressive instead of Industrious.
*Worked on the "Imperial Scenario - The Great War". You can now play the Dark Side too, represented by Charzana of Zuur. Victory condition is Conquest, but there's no baddy to kill if you play the evil, so you just need to conquer the world. Added more units and cities for both sides, and developed the diplomatic situation a bit. The Dark Side now constitutes a greater threat from the beginning of the scenario.

Screenshots

I only just have some question

If yu aim for friendly votes for yu for election yu jus have to be the strongest nation at same time becuz the leader is suggested and hav to hav build the Purple Tower too? And in victory screen advisor is shown united nations built but not apologic palace?
and its not likely be voted from factions yu ever had a war before they always remain very angry toward yu

beside magicians missilespells upgrading to archmaggis the strongest collateral damager remains the catapult and the end of tech tree is soon reached dont let yu use money to hurry building finish? And yu only can bombard city defenses but not bomb units with catapults for nice collateral damage?

I made some friendly other fractions but they get annoyed when these are worst enemies to each other and how can I soften the situation then to be able to be friends with these two in spite of the hating? I hav to xhoose the favorite friend from these two and cannot trade trade resources with both I had good relations

I convinced my favorite friendly friend to declare war against a fraction I aimed for military conquest but after some battles she vassaled the nation I aimed to fully conquer and got stronger than me now

Is it not able to form a PermAlliance becuz in techtree one of the very last on techtree stated the ablity for that where I can fight together with my favorite friend all along the way at late phase

before able to have warships the only way of transporting troops over water is the galley

I installed the new version 6 eradicating old version and cannot use the last saved game from older version so it means not save compatible I think

The World of Fairy Tale is very aggressive. You're not likely to find friends in there; at least I've been successful in creating a warlike, evil Fairy Tale where war is the order of the day and treaties are signed with the blood of your enemies as ink! Yeah!

You can have good diplomatic games as well, but I guess you have to set them up right. For an example, Pacferal Welming of the Elves is based directly off Gandhi. He's good for one other player if you want to play a diplomatic game. Fairy Tale wasn't planned for diplomatic games; it was designed to provide a fast and furious diplomatic scene where alliances shift rapidly and wars are declared and fought everywhere all the time. The Purple Tower was mostly added for Lore reasons; the story goes that at the end of time the Empire is founded and unites the quarrelling land under one rule. That's why I also need to keep the diplomatic victory condition open.

You describe some interesting situations. The nations of Fairy Tale are very different. Some are very weak with few unique military units, and some are very strong with splendid arsenals to draw from. That is also a way for me to vary difficulty levels. Playing Dal or Elchers to a game-win, should be very hard, while playing the Principality, Collective or Namyr, is designed to be more easy. I dunno, but I think I accidentally made the Crystallin Matriarchy the strongest in-game nation.

Yes! You are right! There is a lack of troop transport before the Warship appears. I need to add another. There will be one in the next update! Thanks.

Oh yes. It's a pity V6 invalidates saved games, but there's nothing to be done about it. That is because of the many updates in V6. Actually, before installing updates for any mod, you should always finish your ongoing games first. That's the only way of making sure really.

Thanks for your comments.

Ive played now the Great War scenario with version 6. There seems to be some problem as like
As I customated this main imperial scenario the game started and immediately crashed.
Then started it with default settings it was working but the Zuur were overpowered and the Collecter too start comin too fast. The empire is soo weak and I put in some Modern Armor and Warship from World builder then the AI had them too!! Impossible to empire Tamriel.

Then I chose the 100x100 Tamriel scenario as base for a game and chose my fav Crystallin Monarchy but unlike in normal random generated game my favorite Scuzia was not be able to selected only one another crystallin leader and could not team with Wendela of Denerean becuz I wanted her as my friend faction. The choice there was another male leader

In random game with world generator I can choose them two Scuzia and Wendela

Hey. Ah. The Imperial War Scenario seems to have gotten a tad unbalanced then. I just tried to make the Evil side a greater threat from the beginning, but it seems like I've overdone it. And that's understandable. The Empire starts as the tech underdog. I will update the map tonight or tomorrow and post the update on this forum. I just need to post the map file, so it's a really easy update. I'll give the Empire five or six Imperial Guard cavalry units to begin with. That should do it.

The Tamriel map isn't really a map, it's made as a scenario. As such, it selects the players on the maps randomly and gives them random start locations too. Therefore, go into the Custom Scenario options menu, instead of the Custom Game. In the Custom Scenario menu, you'll be able to specify all the leaders and nations you want present. Choose them in the drop-down menus. It's pretty much self-explanatory and it's quite fun too.

In there you can also play a leader that doesn't belong to the nation you choose. You could, for an example, have Socuzia leading the Principality and the dowager Queen leading the Elven Federation. Things like that.

Yeah in the Custom GAME it works to choose in rolldown menu any leader with any civ in combi
and under custom SCENARIO I can see leaders with pic but theres only Czarina as Crystallin Clan there and not Scudziaaa

Wot? Now that's not how Custom Scenario works on my end. I even tried it before I wrote the last answer... Really weird.

I could always go into the Tamriel map itself and place the leaders and civs by hand, but that will take a while, I'm afraid. That will be perhaps in the next update.

its the sixth version from today I got from yuu before that I got 5. Version with the two patches
I erased the fifth folder and put in the sixth folder

and Impyra was also replaced with a male Empire leader in the main campaign not Impyra that was in Imprerial Intro scenarioo

Yes. That is how it's supposed to be done when you update. Erase the previous, and install the new.

I must say that I honestly don't know who Impyra is though. The main character in the Imperial Scenarios has always been male - the Emperor. I have never had a female character as leader for the Empire. The Evil side is led by Charzana though, and she's the dark angel of Hell, but as for the Empire, it has always been just that one male character.

Impyra the Great she was in Version 5
do you know now why it has ctd in version 6 and why I could not choose from all available leaders from a fraction when selectin some scenario maps in version 6 when tryin to customize?

tho Crystallin are really too strong you think and empire too?
AI I find rather too strong even if you choose the easiest difficulty level

AI is cheating heavily, havnt seen Charzana yet, havnt played evil side yet

I have never created any character by the name of Impyra, nor has any such person been included in Fairy Tale. And I know, because I've been with Fairy Tale from the beginning. :crazyeye:

I don't know yet what your CtD is about, but I will check it tomorrow when also updating the Imperial Scenario with some more units for the Empire. It seems to be an isolated matter though. The Imperial Scenario is not really meant to be customized, but the availability should be there, so I will indeed check up on it.

The Crystallin may be too strong, but I think that isn't a problem really. Playing them is acutally rather fun too.

Yes! The AI can be called cheating (it's a debated issue), but that is not a Fairy Tale specific problem, it is a problem with bad Civilization game AI overall. Fairy Tale is a hard game, but nothing compared to Fall from Heaven, for an example. I couldn't even build two cities in FfH before I was conquered. On Settler level! :lol:

I just dled v6 and played a quick campaign as the Duchy of Namyr. A few comments:
1>I prefer the old Dead leaderhead. It is a nice homage to the Harryhausen special effect days and it fits the music better IMO.
2>In the Great War scenario, the non-alligned factions (Namyr, Arcana, and so on) need techs and such. Perhaps they should be made playable so they can fight against an evil Angvina. Currently the southern areas aren't doing much and are using up computer power.
3>Perhaps use the Fall From Heaven Infernal city art for Zuur. It would fit well.
4>Remove the Seadragon unit from the barbs. A fast moving 14 strenght unit at that stage in the game isn't fun.
5>As a wild idea, what about adding the FfH hell terrain for Zuur areas?

A few screenshots and the fixed pedia entries. They weren't showing up in the game.
Screenshot 1: Explore exotic, dangerous locals.
Screenshot 2: Human enemies are at times the least of your worries.

OK. The Seadragon wasn't supposed to appear for the Barbarians. I need to do an update straight away and get things going. i dunno why the Pedia entries weren't showing up? Maybe I forgot to include some file... On my end they are.

Updating the mod straight away.

OK. Looking at your file, I forgot to include the updated UnitInfos.XML, obviously. Geez. A corrections patch is needed.

Patch 6Aa

This Patch just removes the Seadragon from the Barbarians and also includes more of Ajidica's civilopedia unit descriptions.

Further, this update changes the diplomatic situation on the Imperial War Scenario map; Yatenga is now a vassal of Zuur and anenemy of Namyr. I hope this will get the fighting going in the south as well. Moreover, The Empire now has access to Imperial Guard units scattered throughout the Empire, and also a new great city.

Finally, there are three new units for Zuur. These are my own reskins and replace the lategame units Crusader, Amazon Skirmisher and Archmage. As of now, they have no different stats than their usual counterparts, but they look cool. :p

And, oh yeah. The old Dead leader is reinstated, and Arminia Zenobia of Crystallin has gotten a sexier portrait.

Download

Yes! The AI can be called cheating (it's a debated issue), but that is not a Fairy Tale specific problem, it is a problem with bad Civilization game AI overall. Fairy Tale is a hard game, but nothing compared to Fall from Heaven, for an example. I couldn't even build two cities in FfH before I was conquered. On Settler level! :lol:

Well Im able to get more quality but lack in quantity. The comp has more than double amount of cities and 10 times more troops in middle phase but I have the highest tech, most developed cities and most points on score table up to Prince level. But the comp comes with that 10 times more low quality troops and wins:confused::eek:

Time to check the new version
DLing right now ;)

Impyra the Great was non existent?:D
Then its like when I write my own history through gaming FairyTale like Socuzia "Scudzia"s Crystallin ascension to the throne of Tamriel Empire bringing all Good to the Known World defeating evil forces of Charzana of Zuur and Prince Heir of Collective and Undeads with joined Force from Denerean Angels leaded by Wandela and Sirilia of Elven Confederacy:D:crazyeye:
regarding to ship variety I would recommend introducin Flying Ships able to bombard ships troops and city defences and carryin at least 6 unittroops to land and not restricted in movement on enemy territory Empires Elite Flying Ships for last phase offensive against Evil Dominions

Yeah, man, you're making things up. I honestly don't know who Impyra is, but it's a good name, mate. I'll make an Impyra the Great! :lol:

Yeah! I've been thinking about a flying machine. I already have a funny looking helicopter-thing, that I can paste into the game. I need to do some work on the model first though.

Hey! You have a taste for the ladies, don't you? Here's some pictures of Socuzia. As most Fairy Tale-players know, all my leader portraits are created in the game Oblivion (and some in Morrowind) and using characters I've played the game with or created in the Construction Set. Socuzia was the character I beat the Oblivion Main Quest with and I still have her on several saved games (meaning she is actually still alive!).

Here are some screenies of Socuzia. Just for you MajKira! You can also see her saying hello to a certain other known fellow in the Fairy Tale mod!

:crazyeye:yeah I think I love Socuzia, thx man:)
the royal guard cavalry of empire is supi in Great War I was able to defeat First Attack Wave and im growin my empire now
the FairyTale song is lovely beautiful

Top Bottom