Erebus

[I don't care so much about saturnalia but I update when players have posted enough.]

You have gotten away from the manor without losses. The visit revealed nothing, except that Corvanes is afraid of something, as he has so many guards. He wasn't in however, and you picked up a very slight rotten smell in the library.

Munak snuck back to the inn unnoticed.

Thomas took the charred banner from the wall and tried to get it away. It was heavy but not so heavy that it would have been a serious problem, but when he carried it away the fires began to burn him, a thing he had avoided for now. He took the banner away and quickly ran to the pond to cool down a bit. When he escaped he heard something from the guards putting out the fire:

"Again, what the hell are we facing? Fires every night now, waking us up, and it seems that the same cult is behind all of them. If the inquisitor only could purge it from here..."

The next morning I'll ask the others what they've been up to.

It's been a while, so summary is that we're asked to find that OO priest, and checking out Corvanes was an attempt to get more information, right?

It might make the bannor happy that i saved it?

also, i think i see some gold thread in there. I'm trying to get it out.

After hearing the others' explanations, Tsanal says: "So, other than the books and the banner there, which I think you should hide, none of you have actually managed to get something? Oh, well. I guess it's better than nothing. Hand me those books, will ya? I'll try to figure out what is going on."
"Oh, and Thomas?", Tsanal whispers: "Don't let Mipe get near that thread, I'm not sure we should trust him when it comes to wealth."

(i assume Tsanal is refering to the books i retrieved)

Mryddyn hands tsanal the bundle of books. "there wasnt anything else in the library. i didnt get a chance to go to the top floor, there may have been something else in there, but i cant say. i couldnt sense Corvanes anywhere, or his darkelf follower for that matter... perhaps the roumers about going into amurite lands are true?"

I have a hunch that whatever caused corvanes to dissapear he may be using to break the quarantine and contact some people outside the city. We might want to tell the bannor this.

A burning temple you say... That's so dangerous! I'd stay away from them if I were you. You never know what you might encounter!

mipe reaches for the thread but thomas pulls it back

You see with your eyes, not your hands! i might need this

Anything better than staying in this city! :D
... But how will this help us find the OO cultist, if that is still the goal?

Oh right! Missed this!

Spoiler :
The Library is small, nothing that seems particularly valuable. There is a section on magic, though it is mostly theory and not instruction. A couple well worn books look promising, but you don't know the language--or rather, they seem to be written in a smattering of different languages at once. From the Elven words you recognize it could be a book on astronomy, perhaps.
Another section is hisory and geography. Several dusty tomes on the short histroy of Paradera--lists of rulers, deeds, geneologies, etc. Some old, possibly valuable, books could be from before the Ice, detailing some of the minor feifdoms that arose in this area during the dying days of Patria.
It seems the sevants have been lax in tidying this room, for there is a pile of books on the table by the chairs by the window. Someone was recently studying the geography of an Amurite town on the Glory Coast, Glorairine. There is a copy of a map of the town, and a handwritten list of names:
Garlin
Belarchass
Nyarlat
Flayn
The other books on the table include a history of Lanun religion and a book of Svartalfar politics.

Amur it is! If we can convince the Bannor to let us leave at least.

"I'd like to get back home too...", Tsanal mutters, still absorbed in the books. "I just need to find out whats going on. Give me a few hours more, at least. I will probably also need to buy some supplies...."

[DM's, could I please get some information on what I read? Not what it means, we will figure that out ourselves, but the raw information.}

Top Bottom