Quick Questions and Answers

If you go to war early before meeting every civ and a new civ finds you in the process of sacking one of your neighbors cities, do you still get a penalty with that new civ?

Greetings!

My Gold per turn is decreasing from one turn to the next – by about 1 to 3 gold every turn – even when NO new unit or building is completed that turn. Is that normal? I have some of my cities on Wealth conversion, but their production is steady; so that doesn’t seem to account for the decrease. My realm is happy as well. Is there anything that gets more expensive every turn / gives less and less gold as the game progresses?

Thanks!

If you go to war early before meeting every civ and a new civ finds you in the process of sacking one of your neighbors cities, do you still get a penalty with that new civ?

Yes

Greetings!

My Gold per turn is decreasing from one turn to the next – by about 1 to 3 gold every turn – even when NO new unit or building is completed that turn. Is that normal? I have some of my cities on Wealth conversion, but their production is steady; so that doesn’t seem to account for the decrease. My realm is happy as well. Is there anything that gets more expensive every turn / gives less and less gold as the game progresses?

Thanks!

Unit maintenance costs increase over time.

Quick newbie question:

When you go into the trade section of diplomacy. If there is/are luxury resources listed on my side. Does that mean this/these lux are EXTRA ones that I can trade without affecting my happiness?

No. that screen shows all tradable luxuries, including your last copy. Also, it does not show whether you have yet more copies of a luxury from, e.g., CS allies. Also, there is a long-time bug on AI-initiated trades, where that screen occasionally displays one more luxury than you actually have.

To be safe, unless you are really confident about your luxury count (e.g., you know you just finished improving your third cotton and the AI immediately proposes a cotton trade), don't do luxury trades on the AI's turn. And before initiating trades on your turn, you can check the Resources tab (top left menu, which usually shows what tech you are researching) to confirm your luxury count.

Quick newbie question (again) :D :

I read a Culture Victory guide and I just saw "Pisa (Hard-Built)".

What does Hard-built means?

Built the old-fashioned way (investing production for however many turns it takes), as opposed to being "rushed" or "hurried" using a Great Engineer.

Guys is the Great Merchant formula based entirely on the era you are using it, as the civilization wiki is stating? I could have got two different amount of money using two GM in the same era, but I could be wrong, I can't remeber it..

Was just playing a game on King as Spain and had Poland steal tech every 5 turns or so not too far into the game.
Not really familiar with Poland, do they have a special ability with spies?

They have no special ability with spies. Once a spy gets promoted, however, it can steal techs like mad.

^ also it's possible they have autocracy for double steal rate or have multiple spies in your cities.

but it's strange that they steal this quickly considering the AI usually techs very "evenly" along the tree.

do gifted units keep their promotions?

I gifted Almaty a modern armour with supply promotion. They embarked it at once, let it be shot down to a few hp. saved it by putting it back on their land. Should have healed now 20 hp. But was put back in the water at the same nearly death state to get finished. ..

I was watching a Cultural Victory game recently, and the caster said that Great Musician's strenght was decided when he is "born". Basically, it's Tourism output times 10.

He also said that when you use the Musician for a great concert to other civs, 20% of that tourism strenght is sent to others civs. Is it right or I am missing something here?

If I have a 10k Strenght Musician, and I send it to a civ. Every other civ will be "bombed" for another 2k?

Yes. GM concert tour output is fixed at the time the GM spawns. The full output of the concert tour (in your example, 10,000 tourism) is applied to the target of the concert tour and an additional 20% (2,000 in your example) is applied to each civ that you have met and that is not the target of the concert tour.

Yes. GM concert tour output is fixed at the time the GM spawns. The full output of the concert tour (in your example, 10,000 tourism) is applied to the target of the concert tour and an additional 20% (2,000 in your example) is applied to each civ that you have met and that is not the target of the concert tour.

Okay! So, once you've met the other civs, they will receive the said 20%. That's pretty nice, I didn't know that.

Thanks a lot Mr. Browd.

You must have met the civ at the time of the concert tour. If you meet them later, no 20% for them.

Is there any practical reason to have your Holy City in a city different than the capital? Does anyone have a strategy that involves this?

The most typical reason is relative centrality on the map of your capital vs. the other proposed holy city location (for spread enhancement and trade route pressure purposes).

Some claim that the AI can't seem to figure out when your holy city is not in your capital, making you effectively immune from Great Prophet bombing of your holy city. I haven't observed that (but I also rarely put my holy city outside my capital). And an inquisitor parked next to your holy city always works, so ....

Top Bottom