The Religious sides don't make sense

Maybe because the Nepali civilization isn't number 1 on the waiting list?
I think the Maya, The Celts and Ethiopia are fine religious civs (and more well known and important than Nepal).
Also, before you add Nepal, we need a Tibetan civilization, because they were more important and influential than Nepal and also more well-known Himalayan civ.
Maybe some day, in the far future we will have a Nepal civilization in a civ game...

I think Tibet is more fitting too. However, if you added them you'd have a big China problem.

So . . .

I would highly debate that the Maya and Etheopia are more important than Nepal. Maya's influence on the MODERN world is increadibly negligible, and Etheopia only recieved minor global importance recently. I have semantic argeuments with the Celt's inclusion (never unified, which I do consider Important, unlike the Devs) but will not argue the Importance of Celtic culture. As for Tibet no comment.

Tibet was independent for more than 1000 years.
It is not a part of China or the Chinese civilization.
China has to accept that.
Ethiopia and the Maya are better known than Nepal (which is very important for Firaxis), they also have more historical "achievements".

I'm not making a comment on tibet, not for there recent conquerence, mearly for the fact that I couldn't really think of a UU or UB (UI maybe) that would make sense, without hust being a reskin. I am in no way saying tibet is not important. Second, the Maya's achievement are somewhat unnimpresive, as most of there in game rivals (Aztecs, Inca) surpassed them in almost every concievable aspect, and are more well known for a wider array of things. Personally I'd like to see the OG American power make an appearance (the Olmec), but unfortunately we don't know enough about them to do that :(.

Maya's achievement are somewhat unnimpresive
Unimpressive?!
The Maya build more temples than any Native American people!
They left us hundreds of great temples of buildings!
Chichen Itza is even a New Wonder of the World!
They were very high on level of astronomy and architecture!
While there are far fewer temples left of the Aztecs!
I may not be an expert on the Maya, but I know they were and are a great people and are remembered as a great civilization!
I think you are badly informed about Native American cultures.

For Tibet, see this:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11745811#post11745811

I would highly debate that the Maya and Etheopia are more important than Nepal. Maya's influence on the MODERN world is increadibly negligible, and Etheopia only recieved minor global importance recently. I have semantic argeuments with the Celt's inclusion (never unified, which I do consider Important, unlike the Devs) but will not argue the Importance of Celtic culture. As for Tibet no comment.

So I've gone through and read all your posts on this thread and my brain really hurts. I get it, you hate Ethiopia for some reason and completely disregard any facts shown to you by anyone else.

Your problem with the Celts is equally "I..what..$%&$%???!!" Celtic culture is the anchor from Brittany to John O' Groats and even up into the Faroes.

Nepal? I remember when they controlled all of China! Oh no that never happened. Nepal has about as much to recommend it as a potential civ as Yemen or Lichtenstein. A minor bit player does not a civ rate.

The Maya prior to their collapse were scientifically advanced in ways that the arriving Europeans many years later couldn't have dreamed of being.

I realise that changing civs that where allready in game would have been bothersome (despite the fact that they did it with the ottomans, songhai, and england, but more for compatability issues.) and I am not going to give them a harsh time for that. However I feel your arguements for etheopia are invalid. While it may have ADOPTED many of the worlds major religions, it had very little to do with there spread (the three sides that spread those would be Byzantium, Arabia, the Ottomans, Spain, England, the Netherlands, and Portugal) and even if it was an early adopter of christianity, it did little to effect the beliefs and customs of it. And as for rastafarianism, thats exactly my point when I say "a religion that isn't globally important", as it has far less followers than Even sihkism and shintoism (5 million and 2.75 million respectivly), the two smallest of the 11 religions in G+K.

Please explain where you get your figures from. If this is how you produce your reasoning it's rather clear you need to review your sources.

A. I don't hate etheopia in any sense. If you read my post on the favorite sides thread, you would see I ranked them number 1. I love culture sides, I love tall empires, I love fighting defensive wars and thus, I love playing as etheopia. That being said, I do believe some other sides should have gotten into the game before them, but that in no way means I hate them. Do I hate mexico because I feel many countries deserve to be there before them? NO! I AM MEXICAN! B. I've allready appoligized for my facts on the sikh. They where blatantly incorrect and I did say I was sorry. As for shinto world religions.com and CIA factbook and civilopedia gave me the current number of shinto. C. I JUST SAID CELTIC CULTURE WAS VERY IMPORTANT! WHERE YOU EVEN LISTENING! I SAID I'M NOT GOING TO DEBATE IT BECAUSE IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! And D. My Maya comment was half ignored. "Compared to its in game rivals (Aztecs, Inca)..." I know these civilizations never met in the real world, but my point is that if you look at the accomplishments of each of them (Inca: Largest mesoamerican Empire, Living in fairly inhospitible terrain, making said terrain a lush and fertile land, and a very advanced agricultural system) or the Aztecs (very quick unification, Advanced astronomy [I know the Maya also had advanced astronomy, otherwise they coudn't have had the advanced callendar system that they had], Advanced medicine, and an advanced MIC) they seem less impressive. Of course the maya had many accomplishmets, and have left a distinct footmark on world history, just not an enormous one (and yet again, the never unified thing makes me mad).

the never unified thing
Well, the Celts or Polynesians weren't a unified nation either,that isn't necessary to qualify for the game.

I also said that earlier. I know its not important to the devs, but I ALWAYS prefer a side having substancial unification (doesn't have to be full, just a mostly unified country) as if they never where together I always tend to look at their separate pieces (Hessia, Prussia, Bavaria) rather than their whole (German/ confederation of the Rhine) and then as there separate parts they usually just equate to City states. and no, I don't have a problem with germany being in the game, this was just the first example that popped into my head.

Top Bottom