Forts should be docks too

adsin15

Warlord
Remember when you could build a Fort and boats could use it? If you had a thin strip of land in your territory you could build a fort there and then your ships could pass through like a canal system. That was awesome.

I want that back.

Great Admirals should be able to build 3 tile canals. They're currently useless and we need the ability to connect bodies of water (which was present in civ 4, as OP mentioned)

In Civ 4 you could use 2 forts to connect two bodies of water as long as those forts where in your Territory. I have been suggesting for a long time... since release, that forts actually become forts and do more than just add Defensive bonuses.

In Civ 4 you could use 2 forts to connect two bodies of water as long as those forts where in your Territory. I have been suggesting for a long time... since release, that forts actually become forts and do more than just add Defensive bonuses.
Well I have no problem with forts just being forts, if we want the option to make a channel, then let's call it a channel - but it would be cool to see such a feature added at some part in later game.

Exactly. In fact couldn't forts in Civ4 station airplanes and cruise missiles as well?

And I forgot about the two fort canal you could build. That was awesome too.

Forts should provide strategic resources if constructed on them, house boats and planes and also grant any unit a 1-range ranged attack equal to the defensive strength of the unit stationed inside it.

YES on canals via forts and admirals. One of the best geopolitical balancing objects ever! BRING THEM BACK PLEASE!

It would be nice to be able to do that so you wouldn't be forced to settle cities on those one tile isthmuses. They usually aren't the optimal spots for cities and I always feel like I have to make a comprimise in order to connect bodies of water with cities.

There is a "Making forts more useful" thread in Ideas and Suggestions forum. You should add your idea there. There are some good ones there already that would enhance tactical play.

this would be nice...would add flavor to game. I've never really played Civ4, so I don't know anything about it though. Having the GA build canals would actually prompt me to try to get them.

Top Bottom