Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One idea/tweak/complaint on the mod are outposts. I rarely if ever build them, but in my latest game I figured I should put some on islands to keep an eye on passing enemy ships. Well I moved my worker on the island, build the outpost and the line of site was actually *smaller* than that of my worker just standing around on the island doing nothing.

I think outposts should see 2 spaces.

Lord Wilsonius

This is not your first post.....You make some great arguements...but please.....don't be a fraud...

AEON..............I read the article in "The Guardian".......mediocre reading but the authur is some college boy with no life experience....almost sardonic...America is the most giving country in the history of mankind.....

Hey Aeon, I read the article and thought it was hilarious :thumbsup:

As for England before the Act of Union... England was England before the sodding Normans turned up! Don't believe the propaganda! Long live the Silvatici!

Rhye!

I would love to write a strategy guide piece for the Expansion!
Which nation should I pick and try?

Maybe the Inca? I guess there are some guides in progress, I just don't want to duplicate...

And when will we have a new patch with the new mustang-location? :)

Lord Wilsonius said:
CONCLUSION:

1. Rename ‘England’ as ‘Great Britain’ and the other labels to ‘Britons’ and ‘British’.
2. Leader should be changed to either Queen Victoria or Winston Churchill
3. Retain Civ colour as red and capital as London.
4. Rename some of the cities in the Civ’s city list i.e. include Edinburgh, Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast etc ….
5. In the expansion pack, change the ‘Longbowman’ special unit to a ‘Redcoat’ (perhaps a Highlander Redcoat!) special unit.
6. Make any other changes as necessary that I can’t think of!

David.

What a long post!

1. I'll heard the forum's opinion. If most of the people agree with you, I'll change the name in a future patch (not in this, because I want to release it this morning)

2. I'd really like to change to Victoria, but there are no 3D animated leaderheads.

3. Of course. This is the only mod where England has red as unique colour. Standard civ3 and the rest of the mods give orange! Bleah...

4. It depends on #1

5. No. I will never change that. We're happy with the longbowman.

V. Soma said:
Rhye!

I would love to write a strategy guide piece for the Expansion!
Which nation should I pick and try?

Maybe the Inca? I guess there are some guides in progress, I just don't want to duplicate...

And when will we have a new patch with the new mustang-location? :)

Sure! Wait some hours before starting a new game (so you have the next patch. Well, the mustang locations are very similar, but one is closer to America)

Here's the collection of the old guides.
In case you choose a civ that wasn't used yet, remember to keep the same length as those.
In case you choose the Incans, there's already a guide, that must be updated to the RoCX settings (so you have to mention religions, the 2nd UU, and any other thing that was added, but mantaining the article length, more or less. You can cut it as much as you need).

Attachments

• RoC_Guide.zip
    84 KB · Views: 114
Being a Dane, I have my own idea of England. I shall not utter them here - Dan and Angel were brothers after all. I will simply rejoice in the number of red haired Britons. :lol:
Well, jokes aside. I am looking forward to the new patch. My illusion of a domination victory was finally shattered when English ( :rolleyes: ) tanks rolled into Arabia and California. Those high shipmovements really makes an Empire vulnerable. Nice work. One problem is, that I have often seen AI transports protected by frigates. But the transport, having the highest defence, takes the damage first.

Thanks for the zipped guides, I guess others will download it, too! :)

And yes, waiting for the today's patch! Though right now I am at workplace, things to get "started" only at late afternoon...

Uploading now.

I've called it 1.1, because there are lots of changes, and it deserves that title.

- England now Exp/Sea; Rome now Mil/Ind
- Expansionist civs now can build cheaper medieval and modern settlers
- Balloons now cannot be loaded
- Fixed USMC abilities
- Galleys and Dromons now can carry 1 unit
- Fixed Axeman orders
- Axeman, Oromo Horseman, Zeppelin, Bomber, Frigate, Destroyer, Dreadnought and Carrier now can upgrade
- Fixed Urban Militia-Partisan-Shifta-Guerilla upgrade path
- Fixed double Portuguese rifleman
- Rifleman now has only the defensive role flag, and it is available to Ottomans, too.
- Urban Militia, Partisan and Guerilla don't require support, but suffer -2 hit points penalty. Shifta suffers only -1
- Urban Militia costs 50; Partisan and Shifta cost 75; Guerilla costs 100
- Frigate now has defense 4
- Gallivat now has attack 4, defense 3
- Fixed Ironclad-Dreadnought-Battleship upgrade path
- Reduced Ironclad, Carrier, Submarine, Destroyer, Battleship, AEGIS Cruiser, Nuclear Sub., Cruiser, Modern Destroyer and Modern Carrier cost
- Reduced all the nuclear weapons cost
- Crossbowmen can no longer be drafted
- Ansar Warrior now costs 80
- European Ironclad now rotates before attack
- Fixed Gallivat and War Chariot enslavement result
- Increased Cog ocean movement points
- Changed Gallivat movement points
- Changed USMC stats
- Monument now produces 3 culture per turn
- Fixed the Monastery: now produces 3 happy faces
- The Terracotta Army now have a frequency of 7 turns
- Magellan's Voyage now increases by up to 3 points naval movement
- Reduced Magellan's Voyage and The Statue of Liberty cost
- Democracy now required for era advancement
- Enlightenment no longer allows draft, MPP and embargoes
- Reduced Mesoamerican Cults cost
- Increased Chivalry, Education, Banking, Metallurgy, Firearms, Military Tradition, Flintlock and Naval Tactics cost
- Terrain domination victory condition reduced to 30%
- Tuned Chinese (+), Japanese (+), Iroquois (+), American (+), Roman (+), Greek (-), Arabian (-), Egyptian (-), Portuguese (+), Babylonian (-) and Viking (+) strength
- Flood plains tiles now crippled later (with Invention)
- Moved a goody hut in Eastern Europe location
- Removed one barbarian chariot
- Moved Mustangs' locations
- Fixed Civilopedia entries (Religious Traits, Draft, Mantenance, Fortress, Barricade, Iron Working, Construction, Trench Warfare, Scout, A-Bomb, Phoenician Bireme, Gallivat, Privateer, Shifta, The Slave Trade, The India Trading Company, The Statue of Liberty, Hanging Gardens, Art of War, The Great Wall, The Oracle, Forbidden Palace, Secret Police HQ, Mustangs)
- Bonus for seafaring civs is now mentioned
- Replaced "are building" with "are starting to work on" in the Cultural advisor report
- Fixed CW Elephant Archer, Slinger and CossackSpakh sounds
- Fixed Junk attack animation
- Fixed Tu-95 (heavy bomber) bombing animation
- New Terracotta Army wonder splash

i can hardly contain myself! :D :D :D

i'm just playing an egyptians game now, and got a scientific leader quite early (ancient age). i forget what wonder i rushed, but i got an early golden age out of it. later in the ancient age, i was at war, and had victories with both UU (axemen) but did not get a second golden age.

is there something in civ that does not allow two golden ages in the same age (eg ancient age), or is the axeman's golden age flag not properly set?

EDIT: just checked .BIQ and the golden age flag is set correctly for axeman... if civ restricts golden ages by age, this could be a serious drawback for a civ like, egypt with two ancient age UUs....

second edit: i see now you only get one golden age. why i never noticed this before i have no idea. apologies for stupid question :)

EW

@EW: You only get one Golden Age, no matter what. Sorry!

@Rhye: I guess I kind of was kidding... I did say "wouldn't be too horrible" ;p
...although now that I think back on it I must have been on drugs or something to say anything that dumb haha

Looks like everything! I liked the previous defense of the frigate, but I guess we do have to bow before the vagaries of AI stupidity... I swear, we should be able to b@tch slap some sense into those constructs! ;p

EW, a civ can only ever have one single GA.
Rhye, here is a good basic rundown of what an SG is.

If the frigates did not upgrade properly before (I have not used them that extensively to know) then maybe that is the reason for the AI still using them with transports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom