City state great prophet

In my current game, absolutely, city states generate great prophets.

I am playing as Attila, and I have wiped out all the other civs on my continent. My religion is the only one around, and no other civs have astronomy yet, so they certainly aren't sending GP's my way.

I see a GP around. Just to answer this question, I quick save, declare war on the CS, and capture the prophet (I don't really want to because that CS is my ally but I'm curious to see what that prophet is).

Low and behold is it a GP of MY religion. The CS has my religion, and generated a GP that is of my religion. I guarantee you that I did not lose a GP to barbarians or anyone else -- that GP with my religion was generated by that CS.

Now the real question:

What is the CS going to do with it? Is it going to go out and convert cities? What?

Surprising! I never knew that CS could generate Great Prophets.

I see a GP around. Just to answer this question, I quick save, declare war on the CS, and capture the prophet (I don't really want to because that CS is my ally but I'm curious to see what that prophet is).

Low and behold is it a GP of MY religion. The CS has my religion, and generated a GP that is of my religion. I guarantee you that I did not lose a GP to barbarians or anyone else -- that GP with my religion was generated by that CS.

Now the real question: What is the CS going to do with it? Is it going to go out and convert cities? What?

Very interesting! Thanks for reporting. Please go back to the save, keeping a unit with LoS on the GP, and lets us know! Are there even any cities left to convert on your continent? I have never seen a CS plant GP, so this could be a great opportunity for experimentation!

A few turns later, it is wandering around the map pretty far from the CS, but has not converted any cities. There are nearby cities it could convert, but it hasn't.

If I declared war on the CS and captured it, I could certainly use it. Pondering the merits of a GP vs. declaring war on an allied CS....

I restored my quicksave and resumed after capturing it to prove it really is my religion GP, because I don't really want to declare war on that ally.

A few turns later, it is wandering around the map pretty far from the CS, but has not converted any cities. There are nearby cities it could convert, but it hasn't.

If I declared war on the CS and captured it, I could certainly use it. Pondering the merits of a GP vs. declaring war on an allied CS....

I restored my quicksave and resumed after capturing it to prove it really is my religion GP, because I don't really want to declare war on that ally.

Eh, just follow it, wait for it to be captured by a barbarian, then capture it and keep it for yourself.

Top Bottom