Catherine of Russia - The Anti-Oprah and Other Observations About Civ V Leaders

Superbly constructed set of comments - indeed.
It's all in the tone & specific impressions that we can judge these AI driven leaders given highly variable contexts in plenty of different games. Good thinking_outa_the_box.

So far i've noticed... 1) Khan rules Mongolia by wits & wildly coordinated plans of swift HorseRacing, 2) Babylon is simply a total Sci-Freak, 3) She the wholly Queen of Spain has a knack for rush-exploring & financial looting, while 4) Pachacuti the Inca is more of a loophole into strangely confusing goals.

Thank you, thank you. My post on the DLC civs will be up later today, I hope you will take a look at that as well. I just love "getting to know" all of our little AI friends.:lol:

Nice thread. It's true that Askia is somewhat...lesser....than the other civs. Before the ICS patch (where the AI do ICS strats), he made few cities and barely defended them. Now, he makes as many cities as everyone else (around 7) and has a reasonable army, though he almost never declares war on other AI or me (not that I've seen in my few post-patch games anyway).

Washington the Passive Aggressive of America

I'm sorry, but no one is more passive aggressive than Gandhi. That is, until he finally drops the "passive" and DoW's on you (well, actually he's still pretty passive even after the DoW >.>). It's pretty ridiculous, actually =/

Hiawatha the Wildcard of Iroquois - I am not really sure what to make of Mr. Hiawatha. I think he is a most interesting addition to the Civilization franchise; but, I can't decide how to frame him within the context of an AI competitor. In my games, he's never really a threat, but you can't ever really forget that he is there either. He goes to war every once in a while, always seems to do pretty respectable on the science end of things and his empire is usually pretty sprawling. He's like the wildcard team during NFL playoff season: Not really an outright threat for victory, but more than capable of surprising you. It's more dangerous to discount him than one would think - the Germans made that mistake once... Hiawatha smacked the stache right off of Bismarck's face.

Suleiman the Moderately Amazing of Ottoman - I can't play as the Ottomans... period. But, the AI seems to have found a way to make it work. While never an outright threat in my games, Suleiman protects his interests with the same oddly effective yet benign ferocity a stay-at-home mother displays while on her period. Now, you laugh, but any of you who have worked in retail can attest to the fury of the stay-at-home-mom. Suleiman always seems to be out-teched in my games; but, he also always seems to manage quite well for himself despite his military-tech disadvantage. I've always wondered what that big book he's holding in his leader scene is...

IMO Hiawatha is the perfect isolationist. He's always been peaceful in my games, and doesn't seem to be interested in trading at all. If I ask him for a trade, he demands a lot (unlike many other leaders).

For Suleiman, I would choose the title "The Expander". Even before the patch, he spammed cities everywhere. He usually draws fire on him by doing so, but if he has room he can get pretty big. I still seem to get along fine with him most of the time.

这篇帖子文笔幽默,用词考究,真是太有才了。
This is the most well-written post I have ever seen of civ5! Well done!
You make me more interested in the diplomacy system!

And plz say something about Temujin, Isabella, cup guy and the slippers guy...

这篇帖子文笔幽默,用词考究,真是太有才了。
This is the most well-written post I have ever seen of civ5! Well done!
You make me more interested in the diplomacy system!

And plz say something about Temujin, Isabella, cup guy and the slippers guy...

谢谢! 我高兴听你说那喜欢的!

I will be writing on the DLC civs very soon... I just want to finish the game I started as Temujin before I do. :) Thank you for your kind words!

Great post. Quite hilarious! You should definately add it to your sig so that others can join in on the fun!

Suleiman the Moderately Amazing of Ottoman - I can't play as the Ottomans... period. But, the AI seems to have found a way to make it work. While never an outright threat in my games, Suleiman protects his interests with the same oddly effective yet benign ferocity a stay-at-home mother displays while on her period. Now, you laugh, but any of you who have worked in retail can attest to the fury of the stay-at-home-mom. Suleiman always seems to be out-teched in my games; but, he also always seems to manage quite well for himself despite his military-tech disadvantage. I've always wondered what that big book he's holding in his leader scene is....
It is Koran.
And you didn't commented on Khan, Isabella & Pachacutti. Nice write-up BTW. :cool:

At first I was like "TL;DR", but then I read it, and it was good. Nice work!

Waiting on Pacachuti and Isabella. Pacha seems to make only a few cities, unlike all the other AI. Why is that? :)

It is Koran.
And you didn't commented on Khan, Isabella & Pachacutti. Nice write-up BTW. :cool:

That makes perfect sense that he is holding a Koran... I am can't believe I never thought of/noticed that. As far as the DLC civs are concerned. I want to finish my game as Khan before I do the write up on them.

Great post. Quite hilarious! You should definately add it to your sig so that others can join in on the fun!

Thanks! I took your advice. :goodjob:

At first I was like "TL;DR", but then I read it, and it was good. Nice work!

Well... I am glad that you did take the time to read and I am glad that you enjoyed it. :)

Excellent post, Jon. Some of it cracked me up beyond belief!

:lol: Oddly enough, some of it cracked me up as I was writing it. Hehe. Thanks for taking the time to read it!

Top Bottom